All reviews pacific dream photography cane canoe four seasons beach crew canoe restaurant bedroom residence premier ocean view the ritz carlton half bath full kitchen infinity pool three bedroom pool staff moment you arrive coastal trail in room dining personal concierge
Reviewed 1 February 2016

My family booked a one bedroom Premier Ocean View in January 2016 and we loved every minute of our stay. From the moment we pulled into the hotel, the Montage met every hope and expectation for a luxury resort.

The residences are enormous, modern, and well appointed. The spa is absolutely stunning, the grounds and pool are beautiful, and the beach is convenient to get to. We literally didn't need to leave the resort, the Montage had everything, and was by far the most beautiful resort we saw on the island.

Our favorite experiences at the Montage were snorkeling, spending hours relaxing at the spa, watching whales from our lanai, and our fun interactions with staff. All in all, it was an amazing vacation. Thank you!

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank CityCarolyn
MontageKapaluaBay, Manager at Montage Kapalua Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2016

Aloha,
We’d like to thank you for allowing us to be your home away from home. We appreciate your kind words and hope to welcome you all back to Montage Kapalua Bay.

Reviewed 28 January 2016

The Montage is the definition of truly feeling like you are on vacation. Top notch location, top notch facility, top notch service and plenty of things to do all within walking distance. The spa and gym are amazing. So many things within walking distance and perfectly fine just to hang at the various pools and hot tubs. Drinks are spot on and everyone is so friendly. Very sad to leave and would love to come back! On a separate note, had the chance to play the Plantation Course which when it comes to golf courses, is very tough to beat. It was truly an amazing 5 days.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jeff M
MontageKapaluaBay, Manager at Montage Kapalua Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2016

Aloha Jeff,
Mahalo for taking the time to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to know you took advantage of the activities nearby. Golfing the same course as the players of the annual PGA Tournaments of Champions played, must have been the highlight. Thank you for your kind words and we hope to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 24 January 2016 via mobile

The Montage is a very nice hotel, on beautiful Kapalua bay (snorkeling there is great! Lots of turtles). All the staff was very friendly and helpful. The main pool is huge, and well designed with waterfalls and places to swim around. We took a break from the pool and had some drinks at the pool bar with Sharaya. She was awesome, and really made our day! She was very friendly, and made us amazing drinks (try the duck dive, you won't be disappointed). We also ordered a turkey club sandwich that was good! When you're on vacation you just want to feel ultimate relaxation and no worries- the Montage definitely made us feel like that! Highly recommended.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank hcz2015
MontageKapaluaBay, Manager at Montage Kapalua Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2016

Aloha,
Thank you for such a glowing review. We truly appreciate you recognizing Sharaya and her genuine service at the pool deck. Mahalo for your compliments and high recommendation. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 18 January 2016

This trip to Maui was very unique for me choosing to go solo. When experiencing the loss of both parents within 3 months of each other, who were married for 70 years....this trip was one of discovery, acceptance, enjoying Maui without distractions and appreciating the life my parents gave me. Most days were just over the top, met fabulous people along the way...sometimes...while watching the sunset at Kapalua, I was feeling a bit alone...so after the sun set, I decided to keep walking and discover The Montage resort, which was newly operated since the last time I was in the area.
Awkwardly walking into the dining area, but listening to the amazing Aloha local music, drew me in...and drew me into Drew Schaffer, Restaurant Manager at Cane and Canoe restaurant. (pun intended) Drew was so authentic and so welcoming...I think he saw my hesitation and when I explained I was solo and felt a bit awkward to sit down in the dining area, that the bar area, might be better, he personally walked me over to Taylor, the bartender, and instructed her to provide their finest Mai Tai and strongest....I knew I was in good hands. Taylor was just as warm and wonderful, as we discussed the passing of my parents and her mother and we felt a kindred spirit. The Italian imported cherries were the literal icing on the Mai Tai....and it was the customer service from Taylor and Drew ( who kept coming back and checking on me)...that literally brought me to tears....I know a resort review for someone not staying on the property, this may seem silly...but when you need a little sign that you are valued and that people really care, it is no coincidence that I found that in these two representatives of The Montage. I just wanted to thank them both and the management for knowing great people and hiring them. I will be back to spend my money in more ways at the property and hopefully come back with my family, as a big room, being solo, wouldn't be a good fit on this trip. Mahalo Nui Loa for sharing the Aloha Spirit. Blessings, Cathy

Room Tip: Go see Taylor in the bar, bartender and Drew in Cane and Canoe restaurant
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo
14  Thank CathyKayak
MontageKapaluaBay, Manager at Montage Kapalua Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2016

Aloha Cathy,
It was our pleasure to ensure you had a wonderful time at Cane & Canoe. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and your appreciation of our associates. We certainly have shared your kind words with Drew and Taylor. We are sorry to hear about your loss but hope you found solace during your vacation on Maui. Please visit us again.

Reviewed 11 January 2016 via mobile

The Montage in Kapalua Bay exceeded all our expectations.

Beautiful location, spacious suites that are stylish and comfortable, with glorious views and consistently impeccable service.

The only drawback is that there is only one restaurant (other than snacks by the pool) - great food, and very welcoming for kids but not really suited to them. However there are lots of other places nearby to explore and the suite we stayed in had a full kitchen.

The pools were amazing and the kids loved the beach activities. We didn't want to leave, and we'll definitely be back.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Shannon F

Aloha Shannon,
Thank you for choosing Montage Kapalua Bay for your family vacation. We are delighted that you enjoyed our residential-style accommodations. Upon your return to the islands, we hope your children will have the opportunity to enjoy Paintbox and M-Teens programs.