All reviews screen door murphy bed beach chairs corner unit ocean front living room the trade winds minute drive cross breeze there is no air conditioning sea turtles sound of the waves whale watching bbq area palm trees ceiling fan the ground floor
Reviewed 11 July 2011

We stayed at Valley Isle Resort in June 2011 for our two week honeymoon in Paradise. When we go back to Maui I would definitely stay here again! We stayed in room 910 and had 180 degree views of the ocean. The room was equipped with an updated kitchen and bathroom, and we had a balcony off the living room and the bedroom. I sure miss falling asleep to the sound of the ocean every night. The resort is clean and updated. During the two weeks we were there, we bbq'd on the grill a few times and then watched the sunset from the lanai while we enjoyed our dinner. The beach is great. It's not the BEST beach on Maui, but it's a really good beach. You can snorkel right off of the beach and if you're lucky you'll even see the sea turtle that travels along this shoreline every day.

Room Tip: The rooms all have ocean views so you can't go wrong!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank KrystleCallaway
Reviewed 18 May 2011

My wife and I stayed at Valley Isle in April 2011 for our 10th anniversary. We stayed in room 102, and here is a run-down of the plusses and minuses:

I'll get these out of the way since there are so few---
The Minuses:
1) There is no A/C, which can be disconcerting after a long flight.
2) If you stay in room 102, be aware that you are near the main entrance and, as such, will hear all of the activity as people pass by...especially since the bedroom window faces the corridor.
3) The bedroom window also faces an adjoining gym, which really isn't much of a problem except that there is a boxing heavy-bag on the second floor. We were awakened around 5am every morning by the sounds of someone hitting that bag. It is located next to a window, and although it doesn't seem likely, it was definitely loud enough to wake us.

The Plusses:
1) EVERYTHING ELSE!!!!

I will forego the list and just rave. The room is fantastic. Its design is simple with one bedroom, one bathroom, sofas in the living room (which could be used as additional beds), and a murphy bed. I was worried about the lack of A/C and being on the ground floor, but both ending up being HUGE plusses. The lack of A/C meant that the windows were open with the trade winds keeping the room pleasant during the day and cool in the evening. Hearing the other guests passing-by only helped us to awaken early and not sleep the day away, and it was never loud enough to conceal the sounds of the surf at night. Being on the ground floor was amazing because the beach was steps away from our lanai (which had a table and chairs). The view was spectacular. Every night we would step out of our room to see the amazing sunset.

The kitchen had all of the necessary items. There are 2 grocery stores in the area, but be wary of sticker shock if you are coming from the mainland. There are 3 BBQ grills available for use, and there is a beautiful pool deck just steps outside of room 102.

The resort is on the northwest part of the island, which makes it roughly 1 hour from the airport. You most definitely need to rent a car. Valley Isle is about 20-30 minutes from Lahaina, which is a fantastic little shopping area.

All-in-all, I would say it was just about perfect. Just watch out for those boxers.

Room Tip: We booked the time-share 13 months in advance.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travelinguy1971
Reviewed 13 April 2011

My wife, my young daughter and I spent 10 days in Valley Isle #310 in February and March, 2011. It was my first time to Hawaii but my wife's fifth. However, it was her first time to Maui. Luckily we found the ideal condo for our stay.

Pros:
- 310 is a corner unit, so you get two sets of views and two lanais. you also only get one set of neighbours, which makes the corner units the quietest ones in what is already a very quiet complex.
- The unit comes fully stocked. The kitchen had everything you could possibly need (my wife even made a couple of cakes while we were there!). The unit also had two pairs of flippers and masks. two boogie boards and two beach chairs complete with beer holders. There were even binoculars provided for whale-watching.
- The unit was spotlessly clean when we arrived.
- Very large and comfortable sofa.
- You can watch whales, dolphins and turtles from your very spacious lanais.
- Bedroom has floor to ceiling windows, so the first thing you see in the morning is the ocean.
- Being a corner unit, there is no need for air-conditioning as the there is great airflow.
- Free parking.

Cons:
The screens were a little loose

None of the criticisms I've read about other units apply to #310. It really comes down to dealing with people who are sincere and trustworthy...Dennis and Karen were both.
As for negative comments about the front desk staff, they were nothing but friendly and helpful whenever I saw them. they always had a smile for my young daughter and were often open until 7. We will definitely be recommending Valley Isle resort (#310) to friends and staying there again ourselves.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank New_Waterman
Reviewed 3 April 2011

Let me start by saying that I travel frequently but this was my first time to Hawaii. I have a timeshare with worldmark and I've been waiting to go to this place for years because it looks amazing being right on the beach and the pictures from the Lanai sunset views looked incredible from all the other tripadvisor members. Being that this was a very popular location I had to settle with getting half the week in a two bedroom and the other half in a one bedroom. The two bedroom was in unit 203 and I was a bit disappointed that I did not get an incredible view from our Lanai but rather a garden/partial ocean view. The unit had everything you'd ever need and its quite large but it was not as nice as any of the other worldmark units I've stayed in. Thru Worldmark it is a 'gold crown' which is equivilant to a 4-5 star but I would give it a 3.
The next half of our stay we moved into a one bedroom and I was hoping to finally get my perfect sunset view on the beach side of the hotel however we actually were down graded to the first floor unit right below the one we had stayed at, 103. I was pretty upset seeing that this was just a plain garden view now. I asked to be moved but they were completely booked up, though the staff there was very friendly and understood my concerns. It seemed so silly to even complain about but this is not what I had pictured at all. The unit itself was clean though outdated and it doesn't have that WOW factor. The bathrooms are awkwardly situated and small and being on the first floor was far from peaceful since we could hear anything and everyone passing by to go to the elevator. Unfortunately there was nothing anyone can do though I will be calling worldmark to share my concerns.
There really isn't anything special about this resort (unless you have a perfect sunset view). The pool is small and I didn't see anyone using it during our stay however the beach is right there. It is a private smaller beach. There is also a gym on premises that we didn't use and a smoothie place. There are several restaurants near by but I highly recommend a car since Lahaina is actually 10 minutes drive away.
I would never stay at this 'resort' again though I did fall in love with Maui and will be going back!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank shrnjms
VIR-Rental-Owners, Rental Owners Group Representative at Valley Isle Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2011

To be consistent with how we have responded to several previous reviews, we would like to point out that this guest stayed in one of 35 timeshare units at the Valley Isle Resort, which are not always indicative of the quality maintained by the 60+ privately owned vacation rental condos at the Resort. The positive reviews on Trip Advisor and the many repeat guests that have stayed in the privately owned condos attest to the quality and value of these privately owned condos.

Guests who wish to rent one of the privately owned condos, can visit the Valley Isle Resort website (listed above) featuring direct from owner rentals. That website includes pictures and descriptions of each individual condo unit and owner direct contact information. This will provide you the opportunity to reserve a specific condo with the décor and location in the building that you prefer. Taking that approach should lead to no surprises.

It is unfortunate that fault is given to the entire Resort because of a complaint with one timeshare company condo. In the future, we would suggest that, if timeshare guests feel their company has misrepresented their accommodations at the Resort, or if they don’t like the timeshare company process of assigning rooms, they should direct their complaints to the specific timeshare company and not at the Resort in general.

Reviewed 30 March 2011

The condo was absolutely as shown on the website. It is large and the kitchen is a dream. It was newly remodeled and they did a great job. It was nice to have a special dressing room. My husband has limited mobility and everything was easy for him. Steps to the beach, lovely view from the huge patio. We were w/ 2 other couples and since we had the best view, cocktails @ sunset were on our patio.

The condo as a whole is beautiful.....great pool, comfy pool furniture, KILLER bar b ques which we used often. The staff was helpful and the activity concierge (MJ) was tops.

The price is definately a value. It's the smae as we pay @ our favorite motel in Fort Bragg, CA.

We can't wait to go back. The owners were nice to work with and gave tips on the local area.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends