“Beautiful, definitely recommend!”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

avalon451
Everett, WA
“Beautiful, definitely recommend!”
Reviewed 4 September 2016 for a stay in August 2016

My husband and I and our three daughters, aged 21, 18 and 14 stayed here August 17th-24th. This condo is just lovely. The view is incomparable, it's nicely decorated, the kitchen is generous and appliances are new. I liked having the washer/dryer unit available in the room. The shower in the master bath is a rain tile type, with four showerhead tiles that can be tilted and give you that rain shower experience. The master bath vanity is outside the shower/toilet area, and is a little cramped, with the vanity on one side and the sliding closet door on the other.

The kid's room, with two twin beds, has its own ensuite bathroom, again with the vanity outside the tub/toilet area, which is nice when you have 3 teenaged girls getting ready. There is also a powder room next to the front door.

The condo is located right across from the elevators, and I was concerned about the elevator "dinging" constantly, but the place must be really well insulated, because we never heard a thing, either from the elevator area or any of the units around us.

My daughters took turns sleeping on the couch in the living room. It's a sleeper sofa, but when you remove the back cushions the sofa is so wide that they just used it like a day bed, which was quite comfortable (compared to thin sleeper sofa mattress!).

The wraparound lanai was really what made this unit so worth it. The view is amazing. We kept drifting out there to eat, stare, talk on the phone to boyfriends (the kids), look for turtles in the surf below (of which we saw many), watch the sunset, stargaze.

The pool is kind of small but nice, very well maintained. It was never super crowded while we were there, although I expected it to be. There are lounges available both in the shade and full sun. There is a little shelter there where coffee, snacks and shave ice is available, but whenever our kids tried to buy shave ice either the machine was "broken" or it hadn't finished freezing yet (early afternoon). There is no hot tub, not a huge loss, but I was kind of surprised.

I'd like to add to some observations I saw elsewhere about the beach in front. Apparently there was very heavy surf this past winter which washed away much of the sand on the beach, and beach access in front of the hotel was closed during the spring. It is open again, but you will not see as wide a beach as is pictured in the promo pictures. That said, there is again a lovely strip of sand there, although during high tide the waves will wash directly against some of the sandbagging. In my pictures you can see that they have stacked sandbags the size of dinner tables all down the beach in front of several condos in this area, to help prevent erosion. As far as swimming: while we were here, directly in front of the condo, there's about 6 feet of shallowish water you can wade around in, with occasional strong waves, before a small dropoff and some coral and rocks that can be tough on bare feet. I found that by going maybe 50 yards down the beach to the south, in front of the condos next door, the ocean floor is much sandier and conducive to wading out and swimming. The water is lovely and warm after a minute or two of getting used to it. We loved it. There's easy snorkeling just offshore here, and lots to see over the coral beds.

The only reason this review is not five stars is that one of the two air conditioning units in the condo malfunctioned. We arrived late on Wednesday, and by Thursday morning, the carpet under the doorway around the smaller bedroom was soaked through, and apparently leaking into the condo below us. We quickly shut the air conditioning unit off-- there is another over by the dining/kitchen area-- and Chasin Rainbows had a person come to check it out within a couple of hours. Unfortunately, it was not a simple fix, and they had to call a professional repair person. More unfortunately, they were not able to get the service squeezed in before the weekend, and the unit could not be fixed until Monday, about noon. Meanwhile, the one functioning unit had to work very hard to compensate, and the bedrooms got very hot and muggy. The condo managers from Chasin' Rainbows were VERY responsive and considerate, though. On Friday, when they found out that it would be Monday before it was fixed, they offered us their other unit in the building, which was 3 floors directly above. When we went to look at it, it was nice, but not as nicely decorated as ours, and the beds didn't seem as comfortable; also we'd already spread our stuff around, and we didn't feel like our unit was that badly affected. We kind of regretted not taking the offer to switch by Monday, when things had gotten pretty warm and muggy. So all in all, we had 2 days of air conditioning out of the 7 nights we were in the room. Chasin' Rainbows however adjusted our room rate and gave us a generous amount refunded for our inconvenience, which was really cool of them. I don't expect this will be a problem for anybody else, it was just bad luck, and the condo owners were very responsive to our needs. The only thing that I wondered was: Isn't there anybody who does air conditioning repairs on weekends on Maui? You'd think that would be a booming business, with all the condos.

Travelling group: Teenagers
Your age range 50-64
Qwest2313
“Really good”
Reviewed 13 September 2015 for a stay in August 2015
person found this review helpful

I will be honest I was skeptical at first reading the reviews and seeing some of the photos. I did not rent directly from outriggers I rented from the owner. We stayed in 9-11. It was amazing. The views were great. The apartment was awesome new everything. Full stocked to cook and wash. The rooms were a little warm however open the windows on the lanai and in bedroom and it was great. Sure there were sugar ants um hello it's a tropical climate!!! And yes I saw one roach.....um hello it's a tropical climate. Parking is tight and there were plenty of spots. Yes if you got in later you have to park further back. But isn't the parking lot at the mall the same way? All in all it was great and I would definitely stay here again.

CA
Reviewed 23 August 2013 for a stay in August 2013

Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Jenn B
San Diego, California, United States
“Wish we had stayed longer....”
Reviewed 21 August 2013 for a stay in August 2013

We have stayed at this property before (different unit) so knew what to expect upon arrival. Don't let the outside of the building fool you...the unit is awesome. Best view in West Maui overlooking an almost private beach so we could overlook the smaller pool. The furnishings are modern and the little "extras" (boogie board, noodles, beach toys, beach chairs, laundry soap etc.) truly helped. Unit was clean upon arrival and was just perfect! We booked through VRBO and will try to get this unit again next time. A great location for families!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Views
Liked least: Exterior of property at entrance
Travelling group: Teenagers
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
TX
Reviewed 31 July 2013 for a stay in July 2013

Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing