“Great family oriented location!”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Greg B
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Great family oriented location!”
Reviewed 7 April 2015 for a stay in March 2015

We had a wonderful stay at Papakea G106. We'd stay there again.

There were two small issues that prevented me from giving a 5 star rating: 1. The beds/ bedding are a little dated and not "5 star" comfortable. 2. The beach towels we paid for in advance were not in the unit, and they weren't delivered until mid-day of day 2. (My family really likes the beach!) Chase 'N Rainbows refunded our whopping $6 and delivered the towels, but it would have been nice to have them when we arrived.

Now for the otherwise 5 star review:
We loved the unit. It was cozy, yet very modern and tastefully appointed. The kitchen had nice, modern appliances, and every utensil you could think of. I used several!

The closets had lots of beach equipment from boogie boards and snorkels, to board games and books. We were very entertained. They even had a Sony PS3, although we didn't use it. But still a nice touch.

The bathrooms were well equipped with modern fixtures and plenty of towels. We used the washer/ dryer (in the unit) a bunch, and it was nice to take home clean clothes. We appreciated the split AC system to keep us cool at night. The ceiling fans helped during the day, so we didn't run the AC a ton.

The unit lanai faces one of the pools, with a nice (semi-direct) view of the ocean. The BBQ's are around the pool, and were very convenient. We grilled out a lot, and I especially enjoyed the nice quality (Weber) gas grills.

The resort is VERY clean and well maintained. They have tennis courts, multiple pools, putting greens, and koi ponds. This time my wife and I traveled with our 19 year old daughter, but plan to bring our grandson (2 year old) next time, as the resort seemed VERY family friendly.

The location was fabulous. A short walk to great food (The fish tacos at the Fish Market were amazing! We ate there 3 days in a row), grocery store, and much more. The resort sits mostly with rock lined ocean, but it was a short walk to actual beach. A short drive to great shopping at Whaler's Village or Lahaina.

We will definitely be back. It was a pleasure dealing with Chase 'N Rainbows for our booking and tracking down the beach towels. The process from start to finish was a breeze. Mahalo!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: location, family friendly, the
Liked least: Beds and bedding were dated
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Wa

MI
Reviewed 16 January 2013 for a stay in December 2012
person found this review helpful

Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers
California
Reviewed 25 July 2012 for a stay in July 2012

People with disabilities Older travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing