5,722 results
All reviews beach tower whalers village adult pool ocean view black swan self parking heavenly bed pink flamingos breakfast buffet our honeymoon hula grill spg points koi fish abc store an umbrella free shuttle an upgrade
Reviewed 28 December 2010

We stayed here for 5 nights in November.
The room was nice,though we had been given a room right next to the lift,which was veeeeeery annoying.
We went to the front desk to ask about a different room,and they were very accommodating,offering us another room...I wonder why we weren't given this room in the first instance?
The breakfast was nice,and the little cafe area in the lobby offered Starbucks coffee,and breakfasty items which was great if you didn't want the whole kit and kaboodle.
The pools were lovely...the adults only pool is a great idea...would be better if it actually was an adults ONLY pool.
The concierge lady was very pushy trying to get us to visit some time share ...we didn't appreciate her wasting our time as we had flown 12 hours to get to Maui and every moment is valuable.

• Stayed: November 2010
1  Thank Tobaja
Reviewed 28 December 2010

We just returned from a week at the Westin Maui. The staff at the hotel are amazingly helpful and courteous. The concierge staff was fantastic in helping us make dinner reservations and providing recommendations during a busy week. Whenever we had any requests for assistance with our room, it was taken care of in a matter of minutes. Restaurant staff was great. The location is wonderful- close to everything. The beautiful common areas in the lobby are really lovely. The rooms are a bit small for the level of hotel and we were surprised we had to pay a fee to rent chairs for the beach- not things you would expect for a hotel of the Westin caiber. However, overall a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 December 2010

Overall, I liked this hotel - it was very comfortable and clean. The staff were efficient and very friendly. I especially liked the check-in personnel, two locals who were helpful and made me feel welcomed. I also like that the hotel has local art crafters selling their beautiful artwork in the lobby area. It's important to bring locals into a Hawaii resort/hotel - we need to share and support our local artists, many who make a humble living selling their artwork. I think tourists appreciate this also - and wouldn't most people want to buy local instead of made in China and Indonesia? The only complain I have is minor, as the hotel is a bit run-down, but it was clean and comfortable with a small refrigerator and extra counter which was nice, as well as convenient to the active tourist-type beaches, shopping and restaurants - very resorty but not too fancy, still comfortable and not too pricey for most people (keeping in mind that this is Maui!). But, don't think I'd stay here again as there are many better options for the price in Ka'anapali - depends on the rate you get. I was lucky to get a decent rate due to a family member's employee discount - but don't think I'd pay full rate, although it is nice that they offer a "kama'aina" (local resident) rate. Vacation rental condos sound like a better value though if you're going to stay more than three days. But like I said, overall this hotel was comfortable and although I was a solo traveler, it seemed to cater to a variety of client age-groups, as well as appeared to be family oriented, and I felt very comfortable there.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 December 2010

Found hotel tacky and vulgar, with clueless management - hotel tries to be upscale, but fails. Noisy - very loud schlocky luau show on Tuesdays and Thursday. Decor very corporate Westin - no resort feel - and hotel feels very old. Horrible water pressure in bathrooms. Lots of midmarket tourists - forget any elegance - but that is Kaanapali. Only good part of the hotel was the valet staff - friendly, proactive and helpful.

Only stay here on Starpoints - even cash and points at $90 is pushing the value envelope here.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 December 2010

This was one of our most relaxing trips. We had a great time.

We also want to compliment Gigi. Sometimes everything does not work out in a stay - no matter how hard a hotel tries to be perfect, perfection is not always achievable. But, the mark of a class operation is how the problems are handled. Gigi went above and beyond our expectations when we had an issue. Her actions really enhanced our confidence in the Westin brand.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple