5,714 results
All reviews beach tower whalers village adult pool ocean view black swan self parking heavenly bed pink flamingos breakfast buffet our honeymoon hula grill spg points koi fish abc store an umbrella free shuttle an upgrade
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The grounds were superb and located right next door to a large shopping precinct, great location. The view from the balcony was stunning at sunset. The rooms were clean and well presented. The renovations taking place took a little gloss of the hotel.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
TheWestinMaui, General Manager at The Westin Maui Resort & Spa, Ka'anapali, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Aloha Chris,

Mahalo for providing this excellent feedback about your recent visit. Whether it was the prime location on a pristine portion of Ka’ānapali Beach or your well-appointed accommodations, complete with breathtaking views, it sounds like a very relaxing stay in tropical paradise. We are excited to let you know that our resort has begun what we call Holomua, a word in the Hawaiian language referring to improvement, progress and creating success. Through improvements that we will be making within the resort, we look forward to creating an enhanced experience, coupled with our genuine Aloha. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back once they are completed.

With Warmest Aloha,
Thomas Foti

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This hotel was personally recommended to me by two people who have great taste so I know this hotel has had better days. I’m very disappointed that I wasn’t notified about the construction prior to booking and or arriving so I could have made an informed decision. The biggest negatives: you can’t call ahead for valet (15+minute wait outside each time), several elevators closed, spa closed (they made it sound like it was closed for the day when I made my reservation), lots of construction noise. I would highly recommend finding out the status of the hotel renovation before booking. There were certainly positives about this place (nice pools, adult pool, great brunch at Relish, close beach access, activity booking through hotel) but nothing pulling it up above average with all the negatives. Use caution when booking activities through the hotel and make sure you clarify where to pick up your vouchers, we spent the first hour of our vacation trying to find the concierge we were “assigned as VIPs” (haha) which turned out to be a sales pitch for Westin Vacation Club. Everything was great with the activities and I certainly appreciated them being booked on my behalf but didn’t appreciate the inconvenience upon arrival trying to locate the vouchers when I received an e-mail clearly stating any concierge could print them which wasn’t true.

If you are planning your honeymoon, call first, you don’t get a redo!!!! I regret the time I spent being frustrated by this hotel on mine.

1  Thank FarAway571893
TheWestinMaui, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Maui Resort & Spa, Ka'anapali, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Aloha FarAway571893,

Thank you for choosing to celebrate your honeymoon stay with us during your recent Maui visit. Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting and exceeding your expectations. As a teachable moment, we have shared your feedback with the appropriate teams to ensure that necessary guidelines are in place for better communication with our valued guests such as resort transformation work and voucher pick-up among other areas you had mentioned. We hope you will consider us the next time your travels bring you back to Maui to allow us to create a distinctive experience.

With Warmest Aloha.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Run, don’t walk.
This is our second week stay after a magical week in Wailea. After the confusing temporary entrance was found, we settled into our modestly sized ocean view room. Here’s my run down...

Yes, the pool is big... but dirty. The beach is close by.... but the third Reich attitude towards pool towels, chairs
and service is absolutely irritating. Once I was given my pool guest wristband like some nightclub attendee, swam in the debris ridden pool, and dried off with my one
allotted yellowed towel ($25 fee if you lose it) I thought I’d call the spa to book a full days package of pampering. I called, and after a few friendly questions about what I
would like to have done, she tells me that it doesn’t matter, because the spa is closed due to all the ongoing construction. Now, bear in mind.... this is our honeymoon.
Relaxation is key.

I called our vacation booking agents and spoke to
concierge, and was given a general “tough. Deal with it” attitude.
Not to mention a literal “I don’t want to do anything for you” comment by management.

They sent out a notice about the construction just a few days prior to our arrival. They have known about it for a long time, I’m sure.
Once they had our money, and made sure we weren’t going anywhere else, THEN they tell us. But made no mention of the closed amenities, the on-again-off-again elevators, and the constant noise of the workers. And it only mentioned work done on the Beach Tower. The whole property is being worked on and definitely affected.

Brushed off, annoyed, and booking my honeymoon spa days locally instead of on-site, I call a Lyft to take me to my massage. Only to have my Lyft come into the driveway... and get stopped and yelled at by valet employees, just feet away from me. Making me wait, and feel very awkward for my poor driver, who was apologizing to me for no reason. He was just coming to where i asked him to!!!! I don’t know what’s going on, I don’t work here!! Apparently there is a far flung separate entrance I was supposed to be directed to AFTER THE FACT by my driver... not the hotel staff. Again, clearly not their problem. Don’t care. “Screw you” attitude.

Never again. Happily, never again. Should have stayed at the Marriott in Wailea.....

4  Thank julia6663

Aloha julia6663,
Words cannot express our sincere regret for missing the opportunity to make your honeymoon getaway a memorable one. Please accept our apologies for the areas that we fell short, as well as our thanks for bringing the incidents that you encountered during your stay to our attention. You expressed concern over noise, parking as well as some missed opportunities and miscommunications. As you were celebrating a special occasion while on property, it is especially disappointing that we fell short on delivering an outstanding experience for you. It’s clear that we have areas that we must improve to ensure that we are accurately executing on guest requests and expectations. Your feedback is vital in our efforts to address these areas for our future guests. We do hope that you will consider returning to The Westin Maui to allow us to create the true Westin experience.
With Warmest Aloha.

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

This is usually our favorite holiday destination worldwide, BUT, to today we checked in and the hotel is under extensive renovations and much is covered. Also forced to pay $30US a day for Valet parking when normally there was self parking available. No option now.

If your considering staying here book in 2020 when complete.

Disappointed Aussie

12  Thank Robert C
TheWestinMaui, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Maui Resort & Spa, Ka'anapali, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018

Aloha Robert,
Thank you for choosing to return to your favorite holiday getaway. While it is always our goal to ensure that our guests enjoy the highest level of satisfaction, it seems that we fell short based upon your kind feedback. Please accept our sincere apologies and we look forward to unveiling our brand new on-site parking facility before end of the year as part of our Holomua transformation. Our apologies again that you left dissatisfied with your experience and we await your return to share our exciting upgrades. With Warmest Aloha.

Reviewed 9 September 2018

We like everything about this hotel. The GM sent us an email a week before we arrived just to welcome us, and also special thanks to Ms. Kaina from the guest service. She went above and beyond to make sure our first family vacation memorable and special. We got upgraded to ocean tower with amazing view, spacious room, balcony and a walk in shower is a plus. She greeted us with a surprise fruit plate, wine and chocolates.. it was a first for us. The pools are to die for with slides that attract adults and kids, waterfalls and tunnels.They are having a major construction at the front property and one of the tower so it was kind of confusing to go to certain places within the hotel. It will be nice to have a signs to navigate us but no major complaint. The one that a little bit of the disapointment was our room got cleaned up around 3pm, but the housekeeping been accomodating with our request of extra soaps or towels.We will deffinetlly recommend this hotel and will be back for ouyr next Maui visit.

Stayed: September 2018