5,717 results
All reviews beach tower whalers village adult pool ocean view black swan self parking heavenly bed pink flamingos breakfast buffet our honeymoon hula grill spg points koi fish abc store an umbrella free shuttle an upgrade
Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed in July and I do have to say the valet, check in and housekeeping was amazing. The room which was on a supposedly newly renovated floor,which some things were, but the carpet was really dirty and buckling. The hotel really did not offer activities like most Westins do during the day. No music around the pool, no fun family stuff you would expect at a tropical resort. The staff around the pool and the outdoor restaurant staff almost acted like we were bugging to ask them for something. After settling our bill, the hotel charged us for 3 charges we did not authorize. Definately not the impression I was hope to leave Hawaii with after you plan it for so long.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Denise E
TheWestinMaui, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Maui Resort & Spa, Ka'anapali, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2018

Aloha Denise,
Thank you for your thoughtful feedback and kind recognition of our valet, front desk and housekeeping associates. At your earliest convenience, please email your contact information to yourmauiexperience@westin.com as we would like to connect and address your billing concerns. We are truly sorry that you missed our weekly list of activities and special summer highlights that included movie nights, arts and crafts for all ages, ukulele and hula lessons, lei-making, fitness classes such as beachfront yoga, power walk and run through runWestin Concierge program, botanical tour and so much more. Should your future travels bring you back to Maui, we look forward to sharing our new transformations including guestroom and hallway upgrades that will be completed later this year. With Warmest Aloha.

Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

Westin
—serious alert!—- do not stay here until construction is done!!

How is it even possible that a hotel can charge you full price, knowing that they are going to stick you in a room right below some heavy construction, including jackhammers, that lasts from 9 to 5 all day **7 days a week**? Yes that’s right, you don’t even get a break from the noise that you can hear all over the resort on the weekend. The pool is not relaxing, it’s hammering. All. Day. Long.

Not everybody gets to go on vacation and not have to work. With the underwhelming room, lack of remodeling, dingy and musty odor and smell, it’s difficult to sleep at night. Good luck trying to think clearly through all the racket to get your work done! Couple this with non-stop jackhammering during the daytime and you can hardly call these accommodations. It’s more like a bed and “good luck if you sleep”. Even with 38 dB camo plugs I cannot sleep!

I gave the hotel an opportunity to resolve it and they wanted to move me to a tinier room in the main tower. There are three of us, that is not going to work. If anything they should be adding points to my account and offering a free upgrade!!

When I called to confirm my reservation, they told me that they didn’t even know how I booked the room that I did because it was officially sold out. They were supposed to be putting me in a lesser quality room for $100 less, but the price is looking the same on my check in receipt. This is a $199 a night room they’re charging me $599 for.

Some other major downsides. If you’re used to a relaxing resort, this is not it. It feels more like a Disney resort. Food is seriously overpriced. The café food is not edible. Good luck getting chairs. People park their stuff on them at 6 o’clock in the morning and when you come down at a reasonable time after breakfast, there is not one to be had. We combined two of them together at the adult pool and one of them was broken. If you want a cabana, reserve days in advance and expect to pay $80 at least. $30 mandatory parking fee - you can’t self park. Nearly $40 per person for the buffer of minimal quality.

Only upside is proximity to whalers. Even the “heavenly” bed required an extra layer of down featherbedding to get a relatively comfortable mattress. Housekeeping yells down the hallway during the morning time.

I am still here, but actively looking online for other options to move.

Bottom line. It’s a rip off, they are not accommodating, the resort rooms smell, lots of things are dirty, there is no room for you to get a chair, and it is anything but relaxing resort. I feel like I’m back in Los Angeles. Hotel management. Please do not give me a copy and paste reply. If you really want to fix this, change my room, 282, comp nights, or do something remotely considerate of the constant noise. I don’t want a canned reply.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
10  Thank mischik1
TheWestinMaui, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Maui Resort & Spa, Ka'anapali, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2018

Aloha mischik1,
Thank you for taking the time to address your concerns on your current stay with us. Certainly, a visit to The Westin Maui should be one of relaxation and renewal and we apologize that there were moments where that level of expectation was not fulfilled.

As your room reservations had indicated two adults, our Front Office Management team who connected with you at the beginning of your stay had made arrangements to move you to a superior ocean view room on a higher floor and in a different tower that is not impacted by any work noise. While the room is slightly smaller, it can still comfortably accommodate a third person and presents magnificent views of the resort’s aquatic playground and ocean. We also understand that a special credit was extended as a goodwill gesture.

Please know that we are truly committed to providing the best experience possible and our on-duty Guest Relations Manager is available around the clock to assist with the room change. Despite attempts made in the past couple of days, they have been unsuccessful in reaching you. We also understand that our Housekeeping team had been unable to service your room for several days as there is a Do Not Disturb sign placed outside the door.

In the meantime, we would like to clarify that information on the resort’s Holomua transformation is featured on the resort’s website as well as shared with our travel partners. The work is currently scheduled Mondays to Fridays, from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm where there could occur intermittent noise.

Again, our sincere apologies and we appreciate your feedback that is vital in our efforts to continuously improve and accurately execute on guest requests. To allow us to best serve you, kindly connect with our on-duty manager at your earliest convenience. With Warmest Aloha.

Reviewed 14 August 2018

Traveling with children - the restaurants had plenty for all of us to choose from and we were able to prepare meals in the kitchen. We snorkeled at the adjacent beach and saw beautiful fish and a turtle. The staff was very accommodating and everyone was pleasant. Sign up early for the classes you wish to take - you'll be glad you did.

Stayed: July 2018
1  Thank Denise D
Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

Very nice place for families. Big pools, comfortable rooms. Very good food in Relish bar.
Big minus is that are few umbrellas on the pool what in this temperature is not pleasant. To have good place with umbrella people was making reservations at 6 o’clock. Chairs and umbrellas on the beach are paid.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank malomi79
Reviewed 13 August 2018

My family of four stayed for 3 nights last week. Here's our take on things:
1. Service: This was a highlight. Almost everyone was kind and accommodating.
2. The room: VERY small for what we paid. They gave us 2 full size beds for a family of four. Not exactly relaxing. I would have absolutely expected 2 Queens from a higher end brand like Westin. In general, the room was really cramped feeling. Bedding was comfortable though.
3. The restaurants: We did the buffet breakfast twice and it was pretty good. 4/5 stars. They did a nice job accommodating my gluten free daughter.
4. Misc Fees: I agree with the other reviewers: the "Resort Fee" felt like a shameless scam to milk another $30/day out of us. Not much included for that. Happy hour draft beer for $5, though, was pretty cool
5. The grounds: The pool was COLD in the evenings - too cold to enjoy. Our first night, I got out shivering and couldn't finish playing with my daughters. Most of the Tiki torches were not lit and I bumped into a couple of things on the ground that I couldn't see at night with the poor lighting (and i have great vision!). The pool and water slide were nice.
6. The beach: just an ok stretch. Ended up walking to black rock past 3 other resorts.

Summary: For the price category they put themselves in, I expected a better experience. If you're going to have to walk to the best stretch of beach anyway, then stay at a nicer/more spacious/more generous property such as the Hyatt a few resorts down.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Mike K
TheWestinMaui, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Maui Resort & Spa, Ka'anapali, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2018

Aloha Mike,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us for your family getaway in Maui. We sincerely appreciate your kind feedback and for recognizing our associates who take personal pride in showering our guests with genuine Hawaiian hospitality.

While the guestrooms in the Ocean Tower can comfortably accommodate families with children, we recommend the larger rooms in the Beach Tower as well as suites or adjoining rooms for families with teenagers and additional adults for spacious comfort. The Westin Maui’s website is a useful tool to view images of different rooms and sizes to enable our guests to select the category that best fits their family.

Allow us to explain on the resort charges that cover amenities such as high speed and Wi-Fi Internet, access of Westin Workout open 24 hours, two bottles of water, unlimited use of daily scheduled shuttle services to historic Lahaina town, digital photography and a souvenir tote bag among other benefits. With Westin Maui mere steps away from pristine Ka’anapali Beach and the warm Pacific, we hope you and your family were able to take advantage of the multitude of watersport activities such as SUP, kayaking, surf lesson, snorkeling and more.

Our continued goal is to make sure our guests have the best possible experience. We await your return to create a distinctive getaway. With Warmest Aloha.