5,715 results
All reviews beach tower whalers village adult pool ocean view black swan self parking heavenly bed pink flamingos breakfast buffet our honeymoon hula grill spg points koi fish abc store an umbrella free shuttle an upgrade
Reviewed 19 October 2017

Twelve days of bliss at the Westin Resort. Just what is needed to recharge batteries and soak up some Maui Bliss. The beds just keep getting more comfortable and the staff were pleasant and very efficient. The hotel was supposedly at 100% occupancy but I never had a problem finding a poolside lounge. Housekeeping was excellent and our room was always clean and ready for us when we returned from the sea or an outing no matter how late we left that morning. Free daily newspapers were a plus. The only downside was "Happy Hour" half price appies. Yes, they were half price but you only got half of a regular order. What's the point of that?
I will definitely return to this Westin. Location is perfect, the beach does not get much better and a rental car is only required if you are going outside the Lahaina area. I love Maui and can hardly wait to feel the sand between my toes again.

Room Tip: Of course ocean front, high floor is the best but our second floor, garden view room was lovely.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

We found this resort to be a good resort, it has valet or self parking, although they need to sort out more parking spaces. Every day we had trouble getting a park & each time we let the valet parking staff know & they would valet park our car for free. We booked a king oceanview room, which was a good size, our balcony overlooked the pool & the ocean was to the right. The room had free Wifi, a safe & a mini fridge. The resort has a number of different pools & is right on the beach but we were disappointed to find you have to rent lounge chairs, umbrellas & cabanas to use on the beach. The resort has flamingoes in their lagoon & a caged cockatoo & macaws. The concierges were helpful giving us a good Maui map with facts about the roads etc.. & information on places to visit. The resort is close to whalers village. The resort has their own Luau on certain nights but it's quite pricey. The Luau had a buffet meal & all you can drink beer, wine & mai tai's in it's cost. A good nights entertainment. Overall we enjoyed our stay.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sm05060
Reviewed 17 October 2017

We stayed at The Westin Maui Resort (2xAdults 2xTeens) in the SPG Members Tower block overlooking the pools on the top floor for 6days. My kids (2x14yrs) voted this hotel the best of all we stayed at - the Grand Hyatt Kauai came in second - to be fair only because we stayed there one night! All staff at the Westin were friendly and attentive. To to tell you the truth we were SO busy with so many Maui activities we didn't get to spend a lot of time at the hotel. Never ate at the restaurants only because we like to venture out. The kids liked the proximity to Leilani's, Whalers Village and BlackRock. Our kids were regulars at Leilani's having their 'own' daytime table - they love it there.

The only issue with The Westin Resort during our stay was the carpark - it's WAY too small for the number of hotel patrons and the resort didn't even seem that busy. Every morning we'd come out at 6:30am only to discover our and almost every other car was parked in by one or 2 others - chaotic. The valet guys would resolve the situation but just allow 15minutes extra if you're going to be in a hurry for something. I believe a new carpark is going to be built soon.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank GenkiSudo1
Reviewed 17 October 2017

We stayed there for 7days for a wedding and had a wonderful time, the staff was very helpful and friendly, room was spacious clean and view was very nice even if it was not of the ocean, Food was a little pricey but in Maui you will find that everwhere. In closing I would stay there again. Aloha

Stayed: October 2017

First off. The Good -
Great view from oceanview room, great breakfast buffet and Staff at pool, restaurant and shops were great. Beautiful beach with easy access. Shops nearby. Restaurants nearby. Nice bricked walkway by beach. Pools were fantastic even had a few water slides and beautiful grounds. Exotic bird and Koi. Lahaina is not far.
The not so good -
Hallways are a little tired (wrinkly carpet). Not really any entertainment during the day. Only music you could hear is if you sat at the bar.( Could be a plus for families) Really only one restaurant.
The annoying -
The reception. We have been to many 4 and 5 *hotels around the world and never had the poor reception service of this one. Firstly a smile and calm tone doesn't disguise a bad attitude. We had a few problems when we were here with our room. How the reception staff handled the problems was disappointing and made a frustrating situation into a maddening one. For the first time I was seriously contemplating phoning my vacation rep and asking for a different hotel. Don't get me wrong I know problems occur but they handled them poorly. To be clear, we wanted a king be instead of the two double beds (that couldn't be pushed together). After about 5 minutes of them saying it was my problem for not booking directly with the hotel, my husband got loud and miraculously they could help us switch rooms the next day. Why couldn't she have just said she would work on it and get us a king room asap and give us a timeline. Also,we looked into a late checkout and when it was unavailable we asked how much to book another night in any room and the reception said they had not one room available. They were available on the hotel website when we checked later(about 4 different room categories). I didn't appreciate someone lying to my face( with a smile). I understand it wasn't going to be cheap but it was my choice if I wanted to pay for it or not.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple