5,719 results
All reviews beach tower whalers village adult pool ocean view black swan self parking heavenly bed pink flamingos breakfast buffet our honeymoon hula grill spg points koi fish abc store an umbrella free shuttle an upgrade
Reviewed 9 September 2011

The beach is beautiful and the proximity to Lahaina opens up lots of dining and shopping opportunities in addition to those at or near the hotel. The staff was extremely friendly and eager to accommodate all requests. Though we were a couple traveling without children, we thought that this would be a great place for families to stay. We loved the open-air spaces and the sense of tranquility that we felt; we were just very comfortable there. The room were nothing out of the ordinary, but comfortable and clean and deserve no complaints. The beds were great; better pillows would have made them more comfortable.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jimkellster
PaigeCabacungan, Director of Sales at The Westin Maui Resort & Spa, Ka'anapali, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2011

Thank you for your review.... as they say in the Realty world, location, location, location. We truly appreciate the comment regarding our outstanding staff. They are truly the reason for our tagline; "where heaven and aloha meet".
Enjoy your fall and if you get too cold, remember that we are always here to welcome you back.

Reviewed 8 September 2011

I stayed at 2 Westin properties in Oct / Nov 2010 – Westin Moana and Westin Maui. I booked an upcoming 9 night trip to Maui through the Westin Maui website.
Westin Maui / Starwood WILL NOT HONOR the package amenities that were included at the time of my booking - room, free breakfast, newspaper, and late checkout. Prior to booking I researched online, and called Starwood c/s and Westin Maui direct to verify the package and inclusions.
They are now claiming that the promo code I booked only includes a room with NO amenities. I have proof from their website (screen printouts showing all of the available packages) back to the date of my booking that the promo code DID in fact include the buffet breakfast, newspaper, and 4PM checkout. This has been shared with Starwood Corporate, Starwood Customer Service, and Westin Maui and they REFUSE to honor the package.
Starwood customer service had assured me that I would get all of the amenities as specified however I received an e-mail today from the Westin Maui that indicates they WILL NOT honor the package and that I can rebook at $50 more per night if I want the amenities that were part of the promo I already booked!
I have sent letters of complaint to Starwood Worldwide, Westin Maui, and Starwood Customer Service.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Christen G
PaigeCabacungan, Director of Sales at The Westin Maui Resort & Spa, Ka'anapali, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2011

This situation has been solved prior to the guest arrival. We honored all inclusions and most certainly would hope that those who read this will read this response.

Reviewed 8 September 2011

The property is nice but, overall not as nice as some starwood hotels. I would have liked to have seen more flowers. The bed is awesome and the furniture is somewhat new but, getting to show its age. The bathroom area is very dated and brings down the rating of this room. For an extra mandated $25 a day you get free internet in your room, access to the gym (which is really crowded by 6:30 am) and parking so that is not bad- I'm not sure why the price of the room does not include all of that. If you are by the pool expecting service you prob. wont get it because I only saw 1 girl walking around but, access to the bars and restaurants isn't that far of a walk. 2 main restaurants on site but, nothing above average. I would stay at a Westin again but, in Maui if i come back I would personally try another hotel. I would splurge a liitle more- like they always say you get what you pay for so in Maui $399 a night- gets you a descent ocean view room.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2011

I will not return to this hotel--throughout our whole stay, the elevator was broken, the phone in our room was broken, and the Internet (which you are required to pay for each day) did not work. When I tried to bring this to the attention of the staff, at first it took 10 minutes for them to even answer the phone, and then they never fixed the problem. They did not seem to care about the guests at all here.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 September 2011

First, we stayed at the Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas for a week prior to staying at Westin Maui Resort and Spa. The Villas property is literally about a mile or two north of the Resort and Spa, sharing the same beach but a different part of it. Having stayed at the Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas first, unfortunately all the other properties we stayed at afterwards were not as good - the Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas was our best hotel experience in Hawaii. We decided to stay one night at the Westin Maui Resort & Spa just so the kids could enjoy the pseudo water park with slides. Unfortunately, there is really only one genuine slide at the Westin Maui Resort and Spa and for some reason we were thinking there are several. There is a second smaller slide about 10 to 12 feet long but more for the baby set. The primary slide is pretty good for kids and adults. There are two hot tubs but kids are not allowed in them much to the sadness of my kids! The pool area is very busy and loud which is not a problem for us because we live in a world of loud with three boys ages 8, 8 and 11. If you are a couple looking for a quiet time or prefer not to be around kids - this is not the property for you, We found the overall layout of the resort to be confining - felt small relative to the number of people there. The resort rooms surround the pool area on three sides, the fourth side opens to the beach and ocean, The pool area is the center and where most of the activity is. The first room we were given felt like a cage - very small for a family of five or even four. But, again, we were spoiled by the large villas at the Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas. We asked for an upgrade and the resort was nice enough to give us a room a little bit larger. Both rooms were clean. The whole property was well maintained. The beach in front of the resort is nice, sandy bottom, but not the best for snorkeling. If you walk about a half mile up the beach (there is a sidewalk that goes along the beach)you can reach Black Rock, by the Sheraton, which offers decent snorkeling, as well as amazing cliff diving. You will also walk by a mall en-route to Black Rock which offers fast food dining options and shopping. There are several restaurants along this walk as well. All in all, we just felt like we were at a typical resort with small rooms and a nice pool area - but too many guests. We felt cramped and got the feeling the Westin tried to put as many rooms as possible in the resort, cramming them in with a pool area in the middle. At the Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas we felt the opposite - lots of space.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family