My husband and I stayed at the Westin Oct 1-3 (2 nights) and got a great rate of $125/night through Priceline.
We arrived at the hotel at around 12:30pm and were greeted with leis. I received a fresh dendrobium orchid lei and my husband received a ti leaf lei. Check in was quick and smooth. We were assigned a non-smoking King Size bed room in the Ocean Tower on the 5th floor with a view of the mountains/golf course.
The room iteslf is kind of small, but definitely OK for two people. The room looked recently renovated. It had an LG flatscreen TV mounted to the wall and granite counterops. We had a lovely view of the golf course and mountains in the distance and a not so lovely view of the self parking lot. The room also had a lanai with two chairs and a table outside. The room also came with a small refrigerator that was located under the sink, coffee maker, cordless phone,and nice Westin amenities. The bathroom itself was kind of small and looked like it could use an update. The so-called 'heavenly shower' was nothing more than a dual shower head. At least we had no issues with the water pressure, hot water, or drainage. Everything seem to be working just fine. The sink is separated from the toilet and shower area, which made it nice when getting ready in the morning.
There were a lot of families with kids at the hotel during this time. We could hear kids running through the halls in the morning which made sleeping late impossible. Also, since we were above the parking lot, we heard the garbage truck doing it's service with its loud beeping.
The hotel itself is rather large. The grounds are beautiful with the pools and huge koi pond with waterfalls. We didn't try any of the hotel restaurants. However, Whaler's Village is right next door within walking distance and it offers more reasonable priced restaurants and menus along with shops like Coach, Cinnamon Girl, Crazy Shirts, ABC stores, etc... Definitely worth checking out just to buy refreshments and snacks from the ABC store as it will save you money. Although we didn't try it, there is a tiny food court in Whaler's Village with a McDonalds and other fast food alternatives.
The Westin does charge a $20/day resort fee. This includes admission to the workout facility, high-speed internet access in your room, two bottles of water in your refrigerator replenished daily, self parking, shuttle service to Kapalua West Maui Airport, Kaanapali, Lahaina, and the tennis facilities upon availability, a Westin Maui souvenir shopping bag, a complimentary 4x6 color photo which you can schedule by appointment when you arrive at the hotel. (Although, all the appointments were already taken for our 2 days we were there. So try to scehdule early if you are interested.)
Self Parking is included in the reseort fee. The parking lot is way too small for the size of the hotel. It fills up very quickly, especially in the evening hours. If it is full, then valet is free. Also note that the parking stalls are compact!!
We were never hassled at all by the timeshare people.
Here's some other tips:
Fly into Kapalua West Maui Airport. The Westin is located only 10 minutes from this airport. It is a teeny tiny airport that is only serviced by Go and Island Airlines and other small aircraft. It has the island feeling and not crowded at all.
Go to the Lahaina Cannery Mall which is located a short 5 minute drive from the Westin. Here you can stock up on snacks and drinks from Safeway. There is also a Longs and ABC store along with some other small shops. There is a food court that offers mexican, italian, vietnamese, greek and local cuisine (L&L). There is also a Dairy Queen. So good to eat that ice cream cone when it's 90 degrees outside! We tried eating at Compadres Mexican Restaurant one night for dinner and it was pretty good. It wasn't crowded at all and the service was great! Prices were reasonable considering the prices at the hotel restaurants!
Overall, we enjoyed our short stay at the Westin. I would definitely stay here again if I got it at the same price. People looking for a more quiet and relaxing setting or couples on a honeymoon may not enjoy it as much since it's not that type of resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Commanding Ka’anapali Beach, The Westin Maui Resort & Spa presents the ultimate Hawaiian getaway. Appealing to leisure and business travelers alike, unrivaled amenities are designed to inspire renewal at this island paradise. Unwind amidst well-appointed accommodations with signature Westin touches. Or enjoy splashing fun within the magnificent aquatic playground with five pools, cascading waterfalls and gardens with exotic wildlife. Adventure seekers can pick their favorite watersport steps away from the resort such as stand-up paddling, kayaking, para-sailing, snorkel and sunset cruises. The resort also offers spa rejuvenation, oceanfront dining, cultural activities, kids club, weddings center, meeting facilities, watersport, shopping, golfing and shuttles to historic Lahaina. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with lastminute.com.au, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Westin Maui Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Maui Resort And Hotel Lahaina
- Westin Maui Hotel
- Westin Lahaina
- Westin Maui Resort And Spa
- Westin Maui Resort Spa
- Lahaina Westin
- The Westin Maui Resort & Spa Lahaina