Stayed at the Whaler from Apr 2 - 9, 2012 in unit 356 tower 2. The unit was spacious and well supplied. Location is right on the Kaanapali Beach with Whaler's Village right next door. Views were great and weather beautiful.
Cons - ammenties were only so so. Pool is small with limited chairs that were full by 8 am. Exercise facility was not worth visiting. We received clean towels each day, but unit was cleaned only once during our stay. We required a late checkout on our last day and even though the room was not booked, we were charged almost a full day rate. Renovations were still going on and if you were in your unit during the day it was annoying. For the price per night, I expected a little more.
This was our first trip to Maui and if you are looking for a party, this is not the place to go. Restaurants closed at 9:30 and nothing else going on.
Overall, the Whaler was just ok.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This exclusive luxury condominium boasts an idyllic location on Maui's famous Kaanapali Beach across from two championship golf courses and minutes from Lahaina. Each spacious unit features a full kitchen and a spectacular view. A beachfront pathway and private access allows guests easy entry to adjacent Whalers Village's 65 shops and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Aston at The Whaler on Kaanapali Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Whaler On Kaanapali Beach Hotel Lahaina
- Whaler On Kaanapali Beach Lahaina
- Whaler Kaanapali Beach
- Kaanapali Beach
- The Whaler Maui
- Aston At The Whaler On Kaanapali Beach Maui/Lahaina