All reviews house restaurant puna point puna ii putting green beachfront studio high rise old hawaii two stories air conditioning ocean front pupus pineapple grill coastal trail mai tai party low key full kitchen beautiful beach
Reviewed 13 March 2016 via mobile

We went for our honeymoon to Napili Kai. The hotel's location is ideal for those who want to be next to the beach. All rooms have sea view and they are quite spacious with kitchen inside as well. The balconies are quite big and have a sea view, which make the stay really special.

The bad points: We stayed in Aloha wing, which is the main wing of the hotel, where the reception is located. Just in front of this wing there is the hotel's restaurant. This is quite ok, except for the fact that they are using a kitchen blower that makes a noise as loud as a truck. So when we were watching the sea we could enjoy the sound of a truck machine all the time instead of the sound of the waves. Worse than that, sometimes the staff of the restaurant forgets to switch it off before leaving, so we could enjoy it all night while we were sleeping.

One more issue is that they prefer to mown the lawn starting at 8am in the morning. So if you are not an early bird, in this hotel you will learn to be one. Generally if you are not a fond of noise it is better to chose another hotel. Otherwise I would advise choosing the Puna wings, which are further away from the restaurant. The hotel has the option of selecting a specific wing for your stay, but you need to email them separately for this and pay an additional fee.

Another negative point is that Napili bay is on the rainy side of the island (just in the border though). Out of the four days we stayed there, the three were partly cloudy. Kanapali is the last beach of the north west that is on the sunny side. Just a few kilometers north you can already see the clouds gathering every day. Napili is often under those clouds.

All in all Napili Kai is a beautiful place for beachfront vacations but a bit overpriced for its location and level of service it offers.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank hellasangel00
Reviewed 6 March 2016

In the middle of an all too short week (2 travel, 6 here) and we love it! It's not for everyone as some like the big glitzy tall resorts. But the rooms are great, kitchen help us prepare meals, the view is unbeatable. The beach is the best, the local food at the Sea House is interesting, even after a few meals. The water is safe for lightweights, the service amazing, the people are wonderful. Towels and snorkels, fresh pineapple at 10am with a chat about local topics. But it's not for everyone!

Room Tip: Call and ask
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ryan C
Reviewed 29 February 2016

Napili Kai is a great small resort with very friendly and helpful staff. The buildings are only 2 stories, rooms are large. We had a family suite with a full kitchen and large lanai. The bay is suppose to be great for snorkeling, however when we were there we had very high surf, big swells. The Sea House Restaurant is excellent....open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. There are daily activities, social "mixers", and the area is quiet. It was a very enjoyable stay...would come back in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LKBrdh
Reviewed 14 February 2016 via mobile

Holy moly! Nice place and amazing snorkeling on site but be sure and ask for a unit with air conditioning! The views from our room were amazing as well. Nice staff too! Would definitely go back! Nice large pool but we never got in it with the snorkeling so close. Turtles and coral reefs were amazing as well. Great place to stay especially if you're a golfer. Kapalua in your back yard!

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Wendy C
Reviewed 13 February 2016 via mobile

I received a beautiful large, family suite (air conditioned) when I check in, but the view was not what I hoped for. The purpose of my visit was to sit on the lanai for seven days and watch whales.

The resort accommodated me when I asked to be moved to an ocean view (NON air conditioned) and I could not have been happier! My room looked out over Napili Bay and it has become one of my favorite places on earth. I saw the most amazing sunsets and sparkling afternoons on this gorgeous bay. Nice breeze made me happy with my choice to go without A/C. The resort really tries to accommodate the guests needs.

If you can splurge, I highly recommend this resort.

Be aware that this is a resort for the more mature traveler. 20 year old people looking for a party should look elsewhere.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family