I've been going to various Maui and Hawaii locations for years. Once we found this place in 2008, I have no desire to go anywhere else. The water is beautiful, with some waves but nothing to hamper daily swimming and snorkling. If you want bigger waves, the left side of the beach (as one faces the ocean) has them. The Beach House restaurant is on site and quite decent, plus it's open pretty much all day from breakfast time through dinner /drinks time. Other excellent restaurants are very close by, some -- like Merriman's -- are even in walking distance, as are the Gazebo and Cafe O'Lei. Plantation is nearby and also the Kapaula branch of Sensei, with great sushi and fish. We mostly relax, swim and gaze upon the water, but Napili is a great jumping off point for day trips to other islands (Kapaula airport is about 10 minutes away, if that) and other parts of Maui. The staff is very friendly and helpful and only pretty mellow folks seem to stay there. The only bad experience with staff was that one bartender was very slow on one occasion (so that wine and food were brought too far apart) and one time the maid forgot to lock our sliding doors. Overall, absolutely terrific and reliable choice for an outstanding break.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Plantation-style Resort on secluded beach; 3 miles from Kapalua-West Maui Arpt; 9 mi from Lahaina & 36 mi from Kahului Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Hooroo Pty Ltd, lastminute.com.au, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Wotif.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Napili Kai Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Napili Kai Beach Hotel Lahaina
- Napili Kai Beach Lahaina
- Napili Kai Beach Resort Maui/Lahaina