“Cool little spot...”

Ranked #1 of 3 Coffee & Tea in Kula
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We stopped here on our way back down from the summit for breakfast. The Chili Omelet was excellent. Sitting outside there's a nice view as well.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Very down-home small cafe and sandwich place. Great view from the terrace. This former coffee-growing only facility has broached into feeding locals and tourists. Generous and delightful sandwiches, classical with a local touch or original. Gas station and general store next door. Sandwiches and bakery worth the trip.

Reviewed 22 March 2018

I cycled here from Paia as I heard it was a great place to grab a bite to eat. On arrival I was looking for a place to leave my bike (there is no specific bike parking). There was guy painted the exterior of the building who was surprisingly perturbed about the fact I might be leaving my bike near where he was working. To be fair, it's unlikely he actually worked there.

I went inside to order. The girl behind the counter was apathetic, abrupt and seemingly a bit annoyed that I didn't know what I wanted the instant I got there. She seemed more than happy to serve the "locals" who knew exactly what they wanted. Food was ok, but as others have pointed out, expensive for what you get. I didn't feel welcome, nor felt that it was in any way hospitable. And yes, no toilets.

There are loads of fantastic places to eat on the island, I wouldn't waste my time going here again. ⅖ is a generous score.

Reviewed 13 March 2018

Grandma's has been serving coffee and sandwiches forever in this tiny remanent of a town. Locals meet Grandma's before walking the Thompson Ranch Road and cyclists stop after the grind up from Tedeshi Winery. You will mingle with Mauians on the little side porch. Food is fresh and homemade---sometimes slow, but what's the rush when you are enjoying the fresh mountain air? I love the laid back homeyness of Grandma's where things have not changed in a long time.

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

Stopped on our way to the Lavender Farm. They serve specialty coffee and tea, baked goods, as well as breakfast fare.