“Wonderful ride, fabulous crew”

Kai Kanani Sailing Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Kai Kanani Sailing Charters is the only South Maui charter to offer daily departures from Makena/South Maui. From this location, it only takes 15 minutes to sail to Molokini Crater, which means less time on the open water and more time snorkeling. With two snorkel trips daily to both Molokini and Turtle Town, Whale Watching Tours (late December through April) and romantic Sunset Champagne Sail three days a week, Kai Kanani is sure to make your vacation very memorable. Snorkel equipment, instruction, and select food/drinks are included in all snorkel tours. We have marine naturalists on-board, so you can learn more about all of the fascinating underwater life you see! We even have GoPro4 cameras available for rent on-board so you can capture all of the amazing memories you make. Staying in Wailea? Kai Kanani offers free Mercedes shuttle service from select Wailea Resorts.
Reviewed 4 March 2012

We had a great time on our snorkeling/ sailing trip. The crew was very helpful and friendly. We enjoyed the snorkeling spots and the turtles. Even saw some sea turtles. The crew was very helpful for our novice snorkelers and the children on board.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,336)

Reviewed 3 March 2012

Clean boat. Staff was outstanding. From what I can remember, the open bar was excellent. I will do it again with my wife and with friends. I would highly recommend.

Reviewed 3 March 2012

We just returned from snorkeling at Molikini and Turtle Town and it was even better than we had hoped! I went with my sister and husband (all of us are in our 60's and first-time snorkelers) and we all learned quickly and had a great time. The crew were very helpful and took time to be sure that everyone was comfortable in the water. The equipment is first-rate, including prescription goggles for those like my husband who usually wear glasses. We were served a nice breakfast and lunch. We've been on other Maui cruises and were served watered-down drinks -not here! These included made-to-order mai tais and run punch. After lunch, we were taken whale watching and saw several whales. What a fantastic experience in Paradise!

1  Thank ddolsons
Reviewed 3 March 2012

Couldn't give a better review for the Kai Kanani 2 and her crew. After an amazing whale watching trip and sunset cruise, we booked to go on a morning snorkel, and both were amazing. The crew is friendly, well informed and caring about the guest. They are also really funny and great to joke around with (ask first mate fred about the guy who asked if Lanai was Japan). Having been on most of the boats on the island over the years, this one was one of the best (though I haven't had a bad experience yet on any of them!)

Thanks again to Carey, Fred and Amy - great times.

Reviewed 23 February 2012

Have been on other boats in Maui and the Big Island. Captain was friendly, some of crew just a bit grumpy. This boat left at 6:30 and I would describe them as "not morning people". No one was rude, just not the same outgoing spirit have experienced on the Alii Nui and the Hula Kai. They don't stop much for whales, they are on a tight schedule because the boat goes to Molokini then in our case an offshore spot near Ulua Beach. They have to be back at 8 sharp so the next trip can leave on time. I did not feel rushed snorkeling, gear was fine, breakfast fine (costco muffins, juice, coffee and fruit), but they did not go out of their way to stop or view whales if spotted. Just no time for that. But I highly recommend just for the experience at Molokini when there is almost noone else there - that is the attraction of this particular sailing.

1  Thank Steph8586