“Best Vacation Ever!”
other travellers have booked this property
Kitchen and Dining Area Master Bedroom with King Size Bed
Kamaole Beach Park II
Maui Banyan Front Entrance
Maui Banyan Entrance
Kamaole Beach Park II
Sandy Kamaole Beach Park II Right Across from Condo!
Just Relaxing...
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Ativrad
“Best Vacation Ever!”
Reviewed 18 September 2016 for a stay in August 2016

This is a beautiful condo with everything you could possibly need for your stay in Maui. There's practically every spice you would need to prepare delicious meals during your stay. Probably left behind by previous guests because I left some behind as well.

If I have any complaint, it would be that we were told there was an orientation on the grounds on the morning following our arrival. So I passed up one through my travel agency at a different location, only to discover when I attempted to attend the next morning that the orientation at Maui Banyan Condos has been discontinued.

Now back to the good stuff. The grounds are very well kept. We used the grills out by the pool, and I could not believe how sparkling clean they were.

The owner of the condo was very responsive from my very first inquiry to communications after the trip regarding the refund of the deposit. We had a small issue when the requested shower bench for my disabled husband was not there, but I sent the owner an email and by the time we got back from our outing that same day, it had been placed in the bathroom. He was also very helpful in providing lots of advice on excursions and dining as this was my family's first trip to Maui.

Thank you, On King and Kristina Lau.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: updated condo, fully stocked kitchen, comfy beds, pools, beach access
Liked least: geckos, but that's just because I'm a big chicken.
Sheryl S
Livermore, California
“Great family stay with old teens”
Reviewed 4 September 2016 for a stay in August 2016

Owner was very accommodating in letting us drop off our suitcases before check in. Everything was as advertised. We enjoyed our breakfast every morning on the lanai's. Loved the layout. Our kids had their living space and bathroom, we had a door that could close them off for our privacy. Plenty of room for our family of four. Each kid had their own bed. Our king bed was very comfortable. The only complaint would be that AC is on a timer so after 4 hours it shut off, so I would wake up when it shut off in the middle of the night. No screen on lanai doors so we could not keep door open to let breeze in. Building P has elevator which makes it easy getting suitcases to and from room. Also building P is next to parking garage. We enjoyed our short walk to beach, and location was close to all that is needed to enjoy our stay in Maui. I would definitely stay here again.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: layout of condo
Liked least: Timer on AC
Travelling group: Teenagers
People with pets
Management Response
4 Sep 2016
Aloha Sheryl,
I appreciate your review! We always had sliding screens for the lanai doors. They may have been stuck on the tracks. I'll make sure those screens are good to go! As for the AC, the time can be adjusted. I have changed my Welcome Letter to better explain that. Thanks for being a great guest!
jsatts03
Seattle, Washington
“Wonderful Family Vacation”
Reviewed 2 September 2016 for a stay in August 2016

My family and I booked a trip ti Hawaii for my cousin's 10 year anniversary (married 10 years ago in Maui). On King's condo was the first that I saw and instantly fell in love. He was very quick and assertive with communicating with me about the condo.

Upon arrival, it was everything that was that I expected. I loved the welcome chocolates. Actually, my son did! Very well stocked with necessities and loved the fact that there were beach toys and equipment for us to take to the beach. I definitely appreciated the timed a/c units too. I know how expensive it could get having that on all day! Rooms were very clean and comfortable. Kitchen was awesome. We were able to save so much money having a full kitchen and grill next to the pool. Cooked almost every night!

All in all, we were very satisfied with our stay and would definitely request this condo next time we head to Maui.

Thanks, On King!

burnet194...
Las Vegas, Nevada
“It exceeded my expectations.”
Reviewed 8 July 2016 for a stay in June 2016

The two bedroom, two bath condo we stayed in had all the comforts of home. With the exception of food and drinks, the unit was fully stocked with items we expected to purchase. As a result, we saved money because we didn't have to go out and buy these necessities. Parking was adequate with easy access to our unit. In addition, we had easy to the two pools as well as the beach right across the street. We also appreciated the security measures (such as securing the entrance doors after 10pm and requiring key card for access) taken that made us feel safe.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Close access to restaurants, grocery stores and gas stations.
Liked least: nothing.
Your age range 65+
Zechenia
Spokane, Washington
“12 nights in Maui!”
Reviewed 4 November 2015 for a stay in October 2015
person found this review helpful

I’m going to start this review off with the best thing I can say: We’re keeping this property and owner on our favorites for the next time we’re in Maui. If we need two bedrooms, I won’t hesitate to stay in this unit again. This was my first time using VRBO, and throughout the process, On King was great. Super quick to respond to questions and always on top of it. I think I asked more than my fair share of questions, and I never had any doubt about the speed or accuracy of the responses I was getting.

On our first day, the on-island caretakers dropped by and left a brand new boogie board and 3 new beach chairs. My wife also loved the beach tent that was provided (our last Maui trip was limited to areas we could find shade, so this was a lifesaver! We’re trying to figure out how we can get a shade tent to all our future tropical vacations). Additionally, the condo had a small collection of books, guide books, Hana driving CDs, umbrellas, beach chairs, a cooler, snorkel equipment, beach towels and sand mats. We also had things such as sunscreen, aloe, and shampoo… but I’m not sure if that was left by previous renters or stocked by the owner. There was also a ton of supplies for families traveling with babies in the condo. The only thing we would have liked to see would be tennis rackets for the court that was out front, but honestly that’s not really an issue (and the only reason it stands out was that my wife tried to find some rackets, and was shocked she couldn’t since the condo had literally everything else).

We also slept better than we had when we stayed in a different condo on a previous trip. The beds were comfy, and the curtains were great at blocking out all the light (we learned that waking up at dawn was an effect of our previous condo… not the time zone!) The entire complex was quiet while we were there. The kitchen had everything we needed to cook (including some spices left by previous guests) and amble space to spread out our stuff. The unit as a whole was clean and well put together. The pool was generally empty, and overall the whole thing felt super smooth.

The condo itself was exactly what we were expecting and more. If you’re looking for a luxury resort that has so many amenities that you never leave the grounds, then look elsewhere. If you want a great home base to explore the island from, this is it. The Maui Banyan is perfect for hitting the Wailea beaches, without paying the Wailea prices. Additionally, its location was a quick jump to the Piilani Hwy, making it easy to get out and exploring the island. Within walking range are several restaurants, a sports bar, and the Kam beaches.

One note of warning: the master bedroom has a decorative sliding glass door that separates it from the living room. This means there isn’t a lot of privacy if someone is awake in the living room. We were able to rig a sheet to help create privacy since we were a couple traveling with friends (not family). The biggest issue would be the amount of light let in if someone opened the blinds to the lanai in the living room.

This review will be added to both VRBO and Trip Advisor

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing