“A Great Hidden Gem of a Diner!”
Review of Jacks Inn

Jacks Inn
Ranked #29 of 166 Restaurants in Kahului
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Reviewed 12 September 2017

I visit this place fairly often. Never had a disappointing meal. I usually get the Loco-Moco or cheeseburger, but today I opted for the home-made corned beef hash with fried egg. Hmmm...I wanted to give an excellent rating, but just could not with this dish. I was okay...and good enough, but since I make this dish for myself and family...and rather well I must add....it was not quite to my expectation. I did rate it very good, only because the food here is really great, and a great value. Had the corned beef been as good as I hoped, I would have given it top rating. I like my hash to be crispy and with some consistency. Theirs was good, but in my mouth, felt more like eating mashed potatoes. Over-processed in my opinion. Service is always good...and prices for Hawaii can't be beat. Here they serve a really delicious, fresh home-made cheeseburger, and it's basically the same price as Wendy's. I like Wendy's too, but Jack's is like an old-fashioned backyard burger. Way better. If you have just landed on Maui...check it out. Four minutes from the airport. It's either paying $8 for a great burger and fries here, or $18 at your resort. Faaast table service, family run, cash only, and open only for breakfast and lunch. Yummy breakfasts too! Loco Moco and a cup of their Joe cannot be beat!

Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

I love Jack's Inn. Simple food good portions excellent price. Cash only. Limited seating, Usually always busy. Good greasy spoon!

1  Thank outrigger70
Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

Had some time to get a bite before our plane departed & found Jack's. This is definitely a locals hangout. If you don't mind old paint, faded paintings, torn seats, chipped plates this place is for you. The food was excellent and probably the least expensive restaurant we've eaten at in Maui.... A real "Hole in the Wall". I had the Loko Moko, my wife had the Tuna Melt, and my daughter had the Beef Stew.... the food was excellent, the total bill was around $19.00.

Also, this is a "Cash Only" establishment.

1  Thank prosailortim
Reviewed 6 June 2017

The food is okay, but it's more about the experience. It's pretty small, so we were seated at a table with another couple. They were very nice locals, and surprised that we ended up there because they thought only locals knew about it. Everyone else was friendly, and it was nice to be among the locals. I liked my corned beef hash, rice, and scrambled eggs with lots of soy sauce. My husband ventured out into the world of spam, so his meal was just average.

1  Thank Carol G
Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

Very hole in the wall. CASH only. Very basic menu, ingredients from a can... seriously, even the corn.