“Incredible Hawaiian garlic shrimp scampi!”
Review of Geste Shrimp Truck

Geste Shrimp Truck
Ranked #2 of 166 Restaurants in Kahului
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Description: This is the only shrimp truck on Maui. Shrimp trucks are very popular on Oahu, so I wanted to compare/rate this business.
Reviewed 4 March 2018

We had Geste shrimp twice on our last trip. It was the first place we stopped after picking up our rental car. People complain about the cost- it's only $13 for a plate of Hawaiian Shrimp with crab mac salad and rice. I'm happy to pay the price. When we went back the second time I got the appetizer plate since my son doesn't really eat the macaroni salad. He was happy to get a plate of shrimp. You have to peel the shrimp, but the sauce is so good it's not a big deal. Bring cash- they don't take credit cards. Sometimes they are parked on the side of the road before the parking lot and sometimes they are parked after the parking lot.

Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

Went b/c of TA reviews.
Sublime.
Yeah -it's truck food. Pleasant efficient staff. Went non peak hours. Minimal wait. We found the location next to the industrial port not too pleasant aesthetically to eat our lunch . Started back to hotel. The smell was intoxicating. We folded. No pride. Had to stop asap. Burger King parking lot with a view of the mountains.
Shrimp were perfect.
I got the scampi- husband spicy pineapple.
Was very prejudicial regarding the sides.
Macaroni-mayonnaise concoction w crab. really?
To die for! Wanted a vat.
White rice scoop. Dietary guidelines say Nooooo.
But when mixed with the sauce from the shrimp- heaven.
So I did extra time on the elliptical.
So worth it.
Will definitely go back.

Reviewed 21 February 2018

When in Kahului we try and track down the Geste Shrimp truck. Always busy at lunch and it can take 25-30 minutes. Getting in and out from the road along the harbour can be tricky. Worth the trip especially the garlic shrimp ! As momma use to say it will put hair on your chest.

Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

We stopped here on our way back from a massage.

The truck is on the side of the road beside the water. You have to wait a while for your food, so if you can park close then just wait in the car with the windows down.

Once you get the food - delicious! Yes you have to peel the shrimp but I feel like it’s part of the authenticity of it all.

My husband had the spicy pineapple and I had the Hawaiian. The shrimp are tasty, the crab and Mac salad is amazing and the rice is best put in the left over sauce from your shrimp.

Seriously though, don’t wear white when you eat here.

1  Thank Beeej-Dee
Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

We stopped here for lunch and ordered Hawaiian scampi. The food is delicious and the price is good. We had to wait a bit for our food but it was worth it.
Don't try to eat it in your car. It is messy. Behind the truck at the harbour are some picnic tables for eating.

Been to Geste Shrimp Truck? Share your experiences!