“Fantastic Sushi”

Wow Wee Maui Kava Bar & Grill
Ranked #27 of 156 Restaurants in Kahului
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Reviewed 24 February 2017

Great sushi and other sandwiches and entrees. Full bar and great service. Great variety of menu items and moderate pricing.

Reviewed 11 February 2017 via mobile

Went here for lunch, nachos were good. Fish tacos a little mediocre, service was good. My drink was completely wrong but tasty despite this. Pricy for what it is but ok in a pinch.

Reviewed 16 January 2017

Went here yesterday while shopping in Kahului. We wanted to find a restaurant with good reviews that had a TV screen to watch the packers game. We ordered the special teriyaki chicken, rice and salad and the fish tacos. Both were very good. The mango dressing on the salad was SOOO good. My fish tacos would have been fabulous with some mango salsa but still really good. Staff was super friendly. A bit slow to take our drink order but that may be the hustle bustle feeling from the mainland. We relaxed and watch the game. A restroom would be nice in the restaurant but oh well. Small place, maybe 20 tables, not fancy but friends service is what we want. Would definitely come again! Also a shave ice place next door that was hopping!

Reviewed 21 December 2016

I have passed Wow Wee's tons of times but have never stopped. Until I found that they serve Kona Brewing Koko Brown on tap (not a common beer to have) and to Wow Wee's we went.
We got there lunch time on a weekday. Looked like they had just opened. We were the only other people there aside from a friend of the bartender who was sitting at the bar with a little bit of food talking story.
We really went there for the beer, but after looking at the menu, we thought some sushi rolls would make for some good pupu. When I ordered them, the bartender had to check with the kitchen. I had wondered if this was because the sushi, which has its own little separate prep space and counter area, was a night time thing. No, it was because less than 5 minutes later, a delivery person comes in with an enormous fresh fish wrapped up in packaging over his shoulder. I watched the sushi chef literally cut the meats off the fish and make my sushi with them. I've never even seen that in a dedicated sushi place.
We really liked the sushi! They also give you containers of washabi and ginger to help yourself, so that's all sweet because we like to go heavy with these.
As we sat and drank our beloved Koko Brown and ate, people started to trickle in. There were quite a few tourists who would come in the door, stop, and turn away. It seems like Woo Wee's is a pretty good place to get a meal in Kahului, with a wide menu that can appeal to all members of the party. People just off the plane might be looking for a place with a little more pizzazz and buzz, but we thought Wow Wee's was just fine. Not having tried more of the menu, I might say 3 stars review in general for the look and feel, but because of the success with the sushi and the beer, I upped it to 4 stars.
If I lived back here again, I would make Wow Wee's a more regular stop when I was in town and like to try more the of the menu.
Kudos again for having Koko Brown!

Reviewed 5 December 2016 via mobile

We had miso soup and sushi for lunch on the way to airport. Tasty and satisfying. I would eat here again.