Maui Lovely and affordable vacation rental
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Haiku
See available hotels
Hale Ho'omana
#2 of 2 hotels in Makawao
11.6 km
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 March 2016

We arrived pretty late on Maui last week and it was good that the owner had sent us an email with a full descrption about how to find the keys - sad though that he can't evenmake time to say Hi to his guests in person. We had the downstairs studio and were rather disappointed than happy.

1. The bathroom door locked itself a couple of times - you could then only open it with a bobby pin or a special spray (brought by the housekeeper the next morning - so we had to wait over night to be able to enter the bathroom again and then always used a hairpin. The studio is not in a good condition, the furniture is pretty old and run-down.

2. The mattress from the futon was super sagging and very uncomfortable.

3. Worst of all was the shower - neither me nor my parents had showered one time during our 3 night stay. Yes, the apartment might be a bit older and 80s style, and a shower may also be rusty, but it still can be clean - and it wasn't. There were hairs, stains and other indefineable dirt pieces in it, so we preferred to shower at the beach (no joke). We are absolutely not picky and are also okay to shower with our flip flops on when needed, but that shower was the worst of all our trips, none of us wanted to use it.

4. Some living cockroaches we found under the bed and below the kitchen sink.

5. Knifes and forks in the kitchen had stains - we used plastic cutlery from Wholefoods instead.

Over all, I can't recommend the apartment. It is a good location and okay for a night or two, but we felt like we had to wash everything before we use it and that was really sad cause it didn't make us feel home or comfortable - we spent our nights there, but that pretty much was it. If you have the budget, rather spend 20-30 bucks more on a proper vacation rental.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Romy808
Management response:Responded 1 March 2016

Hi Romina,
I'm really sad to hear that you didn't enjoy dour stay at my rental and I'm really surprise about all this negative issue that you find.I check the shower and I don't really understand what you feel was so wrong, my place has a long history and clean if for me very important.
Haiku is in the rain area of Maui and little n mold around the house sometime is just normal ,I alway do my best to keep fresh and clean.
About bugs I have a regular monthly service to spray around , that is an other issue in every tropical place .
I'm sorry that I didn't meet you in person ,I stop there every day but or you was sleeping or nobody was in the unit.
About the door ,that was a unusually accident, the day was super windy and the door probably close and the locked , it's part of the law to have this kind of lock that in case of emergency it's easy to open from outside just using a nail or something similar.
I really appreciate your stay and your business and I hope to see you again in Maui

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Stefano responds quickly and politely to all emails.
Our studio was clean , neat and tidy upon arrival.
It features the following,

Spa bath with shower inside, his and hers wash basins, toilet & large mirror in bathroom
Two balconies, one each end with mozzie protectors, fab to have air coming through the
Studio. Opening window above the bed also with mozzie guard. One balcony has a distant ocean view.
Simply loads of storage space, I mean loads!
Tv with basic cable and I think a video machine although we did not use the video.
Two burner hob for saucepans, little mini oven for toasting and cooking, microwave, fridge with little freezer compartment. Pots pans etc. Some cleaning materials such as washing up liquid and sponge. Appliances and spa bath are not brand new but all working perfectly.
Telephone, we did not use this.
Wifi, this was sketchy in our studio although Stefano responded to our email immediately and offered to come and fix straight away.
Free Parking

Studio was very peaceful, off the road, you def need a car to get around, we did not find it a problem exploring Maui from here.
Local town has restaurants and supermarket but again you need a car to get to.
We would most def stay again and were sorry to leave.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple