All reviews golf course best of both worlds beautiful resort island lanai
Reviewed 1 November 2016

It appears the lodge at koele is currently in renovation but is now targeted with a mid 2017 opening. Also of interest the golf course will also be open hopefully at the same time but not quite sure if they will correspond exactly. Will be going to play golf at Manele in January 2017 and will try to get further details .Koele is my favorite hotel in the world and I hope the renovation retains the charm it has always exuded.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank avidgolfer2016
Reviewed 1 November 2016

Gracious and grand in all categories, impeccable service greets you from the moment you step into the Lodge at Koehler . With Huge fireplaces flanking the side walls and picture windows floor to ceiling bring the outdoors in, one can't wait to explore the meticulous maincured grounds.Old world charm & comfortable seating for guests, life seems so simple while you take in all the serenity.
Truly one of kind experience made possible by all the talented people of Four Seasons !
(I had such a memorable stay that shortly after I purchased a Plantation house in town!)

Room Tip: Wait for the hotel renovation & reopening!
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank baileybob
Reviewed 31 August 2016

We honeymooned at the Lodge at Koele 25 years ago, and found it exquisite in every respect. We especially like the feel or vibe of the country lodge. We've stayed at our share of glitzy modern places, and found this so different --- in a lovely way! We are hoping the renovation retains that charm, and doesn't change it to be like everyone else. This has always been a unique place, sought after for its' ambiance. We are anxious to see the renovation, and hope to celebrate our 25th as it reopens.

Room Tip: loved the rooms overlooking the gardens
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cagne2016
FSLanai, Manager at Four Seasons Resort Lana'i, The Lodge at Koele, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2016

Aloha cagne2016,

Congratulations on your 25th anniversary, we will be excited to welcome you back once the Lodge at Koele reopens! At this time we do not have a definitive reopening date but please keep checking on our website fourseasons.com/lanai for the latest updates.

Mahalo & a hui hou (until we meet again),

Charles Fisher
Resort Manager
charles.fisher@fourseasons.com

Reviewed 11 August 2016

When I think of all the beautiful hotels I have stayed at throughout my life, The Lodge @ Koele remains my all time favorite. The breathtaking grounds, the cool crisp bed linens, the delicious food and the incredible service provides you with the finest hotel experience you will find any where. I am not surprised so many people refer to this place as Heaven on Earth. While walking the grounds early in the morning I chatted with a couple on their balcony exclaiming, " It feels like Heaven on Earth" their reply was " we were just saying the very same thing". Well that says it all doesn't it? Well worth the splurge! Every detail has been considered.

Room Tip: This is the one time in your life you should splurge on a larger room if you can.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 June 2016

Though it was a chore to get to the island we were met at the airport with a free shuttle to the resort. Check in was a breeze and the room was fantastic. The island is very private and you do not feel so crowded as you can feel in Maui or Uahu, but the remoteness of the island can get boring after a few days.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family