All reviews coffee maker waimea canyon hotel is clean relaxing hotel walking distance ceiling fan full kitchen oskar wifi amenities beaches fridge ocean
Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

We are SPG members and were upgraded to a huge, brand new room with stunning views. The location and staff we're both great. Just a few minutes by car from restaurants, stores, and hiking. They have several pools which were nice and not crowded when I was there. I had an excellent experience and would definitely recommend staying here!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank audreyeso
Shannon T, General Manager at The West Inn Kauai, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2018

While it's great you took the time to write a review I believe you must be talking about the Westin Princeville on the north side of the island. We are a small hotel on the west side in Waimea and do not have huge spacious rooms nor several pools on our property. I felt the need to respond so when other people read our reviews they aren't misled into thinking we are a resort. But it sounds like you had an amazing experience up there and I am happy for that. Happy New Year!

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

Great stay- rooms had all the amenities you need including a fridge, coffee maker and AC. Extra shampoo and conditioner in the bathroom which was also very spacious! Oscar has excellent customer service, he even helped our friend start his rental car when it died. Convenient location close to Waimea canyon, best price in the area and again, great customer service. We requested an early check in and they made it happen- no problem. Would recommend this hotel to anyone and would stay again, thanks Oscar!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Patricia F
Shannon T, Manager at The West Inn Kauai, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2017

We are so pleased to hear that you were happy with your stay at The West Inn and the customer service that was provided to you. Mahalo for making time to write your review and we look forward to seeing you in the future. Aloha!

Reviewed 14 February 2017

There are some good things here. Oskar is a really ice guy and the rooms are spacious and clean. But this is just an ordinary motel charging serious hotel prices. They don't even make the beds every day. Waimea is out on a limb for everything except he local gorge (terrific - don't miss and go right to the top) . If you have to stay here you will be ok but it is impossible to recommend at the prices charged (we paid $300 per night).

Room Tip: The road is a bit noisy so further back is better
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Shannon T, General Manager at The West Inn Kauai, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2017

Aloha and mahalo for taking time to write a review. Our nightly rate on our standard rooms is $198/night so I'm confused as to the $300/night figure you mentioned. February is a very busy time of year for the entire island and our rates are on the lower end of the scale during this time. Thank you for the positive feedback on the cleanliness of the rooms as well as our front desk manager being nice. I will pass that info on to him and he will be happy to hear it. Have a great trip home.

Reviewed 28 September 2016

We chose The West Inn Kauai because it was convenient to our activities on the West side of the island. We only planned to stay one night before moving on to the next part of the island. Check-in was simple. No one was at the office when we arrived, but I called and Oscar had our pass-code to our room all setup. This hotel is nothing fancy, but you can tell they try to provide clean accommodations to their guest. Looks like they are slowly renovating some of the rooms, but that didn't bother us. We grabbed some Poke at the local market for dinner and sat out on the back patio to plan the next day in paradise. The roosters are everywhere in Kauai, so don't forget your earplugs!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 August 2016

Busy season, but we got the room. I knew this wasn't any Four Seasons or Hyatt resort, but a place to rest and regroup for island activities. I've made the mistake before of waiting to the last minute and booking a place I knew I'd regret. I've also paid through the nose for resorts with amenities I'd never use. This was totally different, in a good way.
Easy to find. Great parking. Oskar..! Clean room. Good plumbing, electrical. Comfortable bed. No bugs. Surprisingly quiet. Did I say Oskar..!? He knows everything about Waimea and that part of the island.
Roosters? Well, yeah, it's Kauai.
No pool? Did they say there was one?
Don't like Waimea? Go to Princeville.
I'd gladly rebook West Inn.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends