“Great Location, Roomy and Comfortable”
other traveller has booked this property
HOUSE HOUSE  DRIVEWAY
QUEEN\'S BATH NEARBY
HIDEAWAYS BEACH 2 MIN. FROM HOUSE
VIEW FROM THE GOLF COURSE
LOVELY ANINI BEACH NEARBY
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Keesym
Utah
“Great Location, Roomy and Comfortable”
Reviewed 18 December 2015 for a stay in November 2015
people found this review helpful

I must admit due to the low amount of reviews I was a bit worried at first to rent this place, but I went ahead and rented. It is a legitimate home that exists on Kauai. The owner was very prompt in all communication. There is no air conditioning and I was aware of this before I rented the property. Initially it was a bit hard to get used to humidity coming from a "dry heat" Utah, but halfway through the stay you become more and more accustomed to the humidity and it makes you look ten years younger. Had I stayed a few more days, I think I would have become fully accustomed to the climate. Kauai is very humid compared to the other islands as it gets a lot more rain. We had five beautiful days and one day of rain (which I guess may be a bit unusual, not sure.) For anyone with heat issues, you might want to take the lack of air conditioning into consideration. I went ahead and made my own A/C out of a styrofoam cooler, two liter jugs frozen with ice water, a small fan, duct tape and a pipe -- which you can purchase from the ACE Hardware five minutes from the house. It worked well enough that I was fine. It was less than $25 to make. We used it at night to help us sleep and did fine without it during the day. I"ll attach a photo. It was simple to make. My mother had no problems with the humidity and anyone from a humid area will likely be fine without the air. The way the home is laid out makes it feel very spacious. The upstairs has three bedrooms, the middle one has two sets of bunk beds. The other two have a Queen-sized bed each and a bathroom. The middle room shares a bathroom with one of the Queen rooms. The home can easily sleep three adult couples who want some privacy if the middle room stays empty. The beds were comfortable. The bed in the one downstairs room (master) may be a King and it was comfortable as well. The community is very quiet, located right by the golf course. You will hear roosters. Kauai is known for its roaming roosters and they love to crow whenever they feel like it. I recommend you bring a portable sound machine or ear plugs. I was perfectly fine with a sound machine, and I enjoyed seeing the roosters during the day. The location of Princeville is (in my opinion) the most beautiful area on the island. Closer to the airport has somewhat of a desert feel. I came for the greenery and mountains surrounding Princeville and the beaches. Kauai in general is much more laid back than the other islands. Many of the tourists/residents are retirement age and much of the shopping/activities close at dusk. The restaurants stay open a bit later. If you have a lone teenager, consider bringing a friend. There is a lack of younger people on the island. This location is perfect for those who want a quiet, laid-back vacation with access to some sight seeing and great beaches. Helicopter rides were within 10 minutes from the home. Tip for the helicopter, DO take your Dramamine first. Three of us became ill. It didn't even occur to us that we could get sick. Two of us have flown in a small plane several times, but this ride was somewhat nauseating. With Dramamine it would have been fantastic. It was a short, scenic drive to the beaches below Princeville and there were plenty to choose from either direction. My favorite was Hanalei Bay. There are a few restaurants nearby and a few more within 10 to 15 minutes down in Hanalei. Sadly, Kauai overall does not put a lot of emphasis on their restaurant food. One of the best meals we ate was the pizza purchased from the general store five minutes away. They have a brick oven in the back. We ordered and brought it home. It was tasty. I highly recommend that pizza over paying for an expensive meal that will just be average in taste. If you choose to, you can buy groceries and make your own food at the condo. We saved some money by not having to eat out every night. The grocery store is located five minutes away. Since the food on Kauai is not that remarkable, we were glad to have our own kitchen. The owners provide many beach items, chairs, towels, boogie boards, snorkeling gear -- no surfboard, but one can be rented in Hanalei. It was nice to have a laundry room to wash our clothes. We went home with clean clothes. Because Kauai is a very wet climate, I'll give you a heads up about bugs. You will see bugs. It's virtually impossible in this type of climate to prevent a bug or two or three from creeping into the house. At night, the Geckos come out. They were harmless and kind of fun to see and they love to creep around, but won't bother you. They are afraid and hate light. But do expect to see a few creepy crawlies. A giant centipede happened to find it's way into our condo. They are common in tropical places. Just be aware that they can create a very painful sting so you don't want to be playing with them. Find a way to get rid of it without touching it. ACE may have some sticky traps if you're worried about this issue. We did not use the hot tub or the barbecue. It's too warm for a hot tub so I would not expect to use that unless you are visiting during the coldest months of the year. All in all I was satisfied with the rental, the ease of setting it up, the follow through, size of the condo and location. They had a nice family room to watch television in the evening. There were several family games to play and some DVDs and literature to view as well. The price really can't be beat when compared to the cost of a hotel. I really enjoyed the location and Kauai, and I even enjoyed seeing a giant centipede for the first time while simultaneously being creeped out, lol.

Bathroom cleanliness
Liked best: Location and size of the home.
Liked least: No air conditioning.
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Eve22006
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Pittsburgh-Area Woman Zaps Stress in One Vacation; Gains Memories of a Lifetime”
Reviewed 10 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015
people found this review helpful

One family from Pittsburgh escaped constant cloud cover, flying to Princeville to stay at the Hale Alaina Lani (heavenly island home) to get their vacation on. The family found the bedrooms comfortable, the kitchen spacious and well-equipped, and the home well-situated to kauai's best beaches, according to reports, and enjoyed the upper and lower-level lanais and hot tub for relaxation.

Reliable sources say the rental owner, Frederica, was "accommodating and nice."

In an interview, Eve Bender, head of the clan, said that "she is having the time of her life gazing up at the stars, scrambling up and down the trails to hideaways beach and floating in the aquamarine water, selecting the perfect mango at the Hanelei Famer's Market, and visiting Kilauea lighthouse."

Family could be seen at local attractions including Queens Bath, Hanalei Bay, the Kalalau Trail, Tunnels Beach, and Ke'e Beach. At last report, Ms. Bender was planning her next trip to Hale Alaina Lani.

Your age range 35-49
UT
Reviewed 13 March 2014 for a stay in January 2014

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Rugged travelers
NetBloke
Olympia, Washington
“Perfect for a small family vacation”
Reviewed 15 March 2013 for a stay in January 2013
people found this review helpful

We spent two lovely weeks here, with my parents and sister from Australia and my wife and kids. The kids room has two bunks. Everyone else got a nice queen or king bed.

The spa was a hit with the kids and used at least once daily. The amenities (beach toys, snorkel gear) were a great addition.

It is located in a quite neighborhood. A short walk down a steep hill to a great beach at the St Regis. Other trials hidden around Princeville were worth exploring, but not with kids.

We would stay again!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The layout of the bedrooms and living space.
Liked least: The roosters! But they remind you you are in paradise!
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
AliceMinn...
Durham, New Hampshire
“The perfect home for our 40th Anniversary, family reunion”
Reviewed 10 July 2012 for a stay in July 2012
people found this review helpful

A perfectly appointed home sleeping up to 10 in bedrooms with extra pull out bed in living room. It has all the essentials and then some. No beach equipment needed with this rental. Baby beds, high chairs and family friendly furnishings helped this be the perfect place for us: 8 adults, 2 elementary age children and 2 toddlers made up our family group. The hot tub was large and clean and ran smoothly. The large open kitchen helped us all to prepare and cook our delicious meals The grill was clean and large to cook lt lots of fish and meats.
I highly recommend this home. The only slightly negative was that the pictures give one the idea that there is lots of open space around the home. It s placed between 2 other homes. At first I was disappointed in the location, but after about 5 minutes it was not an issue! The view from the upstairs deck is fabulous with a lovely waterfall in the distance.
We loved this home.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Night
Week
Month
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing