“Best hamburger on Kauai”

North Shore General Store
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 2 February 2017

We were told by the folks at Princeville Ranch to come here and eat a hamburger and we were so glad we did! It's located at the 76 gas station and it's great. We went in there at dinner time and ordered bacon cheeseburgers with french fries and it was so good. They use the local grown Kauai beef and it makes a huge difference in the taste of the beef. So fresh and lots of flavor. We also had the fries here and for me they're cooked perfectly - thin sliced with a little crisp on them.. golden brown.

This is the first time we've been here and for sure we will be back because I want their chili cheese fries! For sure local hot spot because people were coming in non stop for the 15 minutes we were there. If you get a chance you need to stop and grab a burger from here!

Reviewed 27 January 2017 via mobile

Food is good. Or it would have been if I didn't watch it get cold sitting on the counter for 10 minutes before being brought out.

Reviewed 19 January 2017

Order from the menu at the register. Browse around the small store while you wait for them to cook your delicious meal. Daily pizza specials. A favorite with locals.

Reviewed 16 January 2017 via mobile

Sorry to go against the tide but my burger was a huge letdown, as were the fries. Only the onion rings were acceptable but not worth going back for.

There was something unusual in the hamburger meat, something a bit tangy that did not appeal to me. I am not hinting at all that there was something wrong with the meat. Just that its style is not for me. The fries were soggy and tasteless. I suppose I could have remedied that with lots of ketchup, but what's the point in that?

We have been there before and enjoyed the pizza, so that pushed my rating up to a "2."

Reviewed 16 December 2016 via mobile

Chili cheese fries was the special and that's what I got! Honestly I will eat here every time I come to the island; I love their food! The only reason I gave the chili cheese fries 4 stars instead of 5 is that they put sliced cheese instead of grated cheddar.
I am totally unimpressed with the restaurants that they have in this center (with the exception of Lappert's of course) and I have never had anything from the grocery store that I would consider eating again.
Those chili cheese fries; BOOM!