“Good meal but it’s also about the view”
Review of Makana Terrace

Makana Terrace
Reserve with OpenTable
Makana Terrace is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 26 Restaurants in Princeville
Price range: USD 31 - USD 50
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Overlooking magical Hanalei Bay and Makana Mountain ( Bali Hai ), our main dining room is the perfect venue for sophisticated casual dining. Makana Terrace menu’s showcase the freshest Hawaiian grown produce flawlessly represented in the dishes prepared by Chef de Cuisine Antwon Brinson and his Culinary team. In addition we feature a vast selection Sushi, freshly prepared each evening by our skilled Sushi Chefs. Do not miss the Sunset from our outdoor seating overlooking Hanalei Bay! This will be one of the highlights of your Hawaiian journey...
Reviewed 21 October 2018

I’m starting with the view. It just doesn’t get better. We went for dinner and the sunset. It was magnificent. The service was top notch, very friendly waitress who took time to talk with us. The food was good and expensive, but that should be expected. I had the $75 special so appetizer of poke, steak and tiger prawns for dinner,and smore dessert. It was all very good. Hubby had mahi mahi which he said was ok. He’s more of a meat eater. He also had a beer and i had one of the signature $18 cocktails. With tip the dinner cost us $180.

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank bigislandfan1

Reviewed 9 October 2018

My husband and I dined here for our 10th anniversary and loved the dinner. Service was attentive and friendly, the view incredible. I had the wine pairing menu and loved every bit of it except for the desert. We had the chocolate stout cake and found it a bit dry and lacking flavor. Still, since we loved everything else it was no big deal. The biggest downside to our visit was that I got over a dozen mosquito bites! I do know it's in the tropics, but I'd hoped being such an upscale property and also being perched on the bluff, that it might be free of the little buggers, but no luck! Definitely dine here, but don't forget to apply your repellant!

Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

We walked to the St Regis from our house nearby and decided to eat at the Makana Terrace. It seemed half empty on first sighting but we were asked for our name and to wait 15 min. We could do that outside the restaurant or in the bar upstairs. We chose the bar where we ordered a cocktail. Eight minutes after we were at the restaurant door the host came to tell us the table was ready! We elected to have our drink. We then were seated at a table for four (we were two)! We ordered a main course only. Then had to wait 45 minutes because we hadn’t ordered a starter while everyone around us who came later was served straight away. The waiter didn’t know the wine list. But the food was fabulous. Why the ballyhoo?

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 2 October 2018

The elegant atmosphere at the St. Regis calms and soothes everyone into a pleasant evening watching the sun set over Makana Peak. The wine and fresh catch were great as usual. Great service.

Reviewed 28 September 2018

Reserved a table for 6 pm and were promptly seated. Lori as our server and asked what occasion we were celebrating to which I said our anniversary. We ordered drinks and then were greeted by Violet who brought bread and water. My wife had the special that night of Bison Tenderloin with potatoes and I had the fixed price 3 course meal with the wine pairing. The food, service and wine pairings were excellent. We've lived in Europe over the years so my only complaint was that i felt very rushed through dinner. I informed Lori that we were not in a hurry and just wanted to enjoy the evening. I highly recommend the restaurant.