USD 889
  • Beachfront
Free cancellation until 29/07
USD 176
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 197/night.

Plantation Hale Suites(Kapaa)(Great Value!)
USD 230
Official Website
Kauai Shores Hotel(Kapaa)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 02/08
Book now, pay at stay
USD 236
USD 226
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Wyndham Ka 'Eo Kai(Princeville)
Hanalei Bay Resort(Princeville)
TripAdvisor
Wyndham Bali Hai Villas(Princeville)
Travelocity
All reviewsthe cottagesbedroom cottagegolf coursethe kitchenbeach chairslaundry roomfront officenorth shoreisland activitieslouvered windowsgrocery shoppingair conditioningice makera great place to staywasher and dryergrounds are beautifulhelicopter ride
Reviewed 21 April 2016 via mobile

Modern updated immaculate former sugar plantation board members homes on the princeville makai golf course. Very quiet separate homes. None of the noise and crowding of the usual large multistory timeshares.
Pool. Jacuzzi. All to yourself.
Great staff especially Jackie in the office.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
GPR S, Manager at Makai Club Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2016

Aloha adsinger. Thank you for taking the time to share feedback regarding your recent stay! Jackie is a wonderful part of the Makai Club Resort team. We'll share your comments with her. We hope you'll let us know when you return so that we may assist in making sure your next stay a great experience!

Reviewed 14 April 2016

I stayed here for 2 days toward the end of my trip in Kauai. The rooms are beautiful. The AC worked great, the 1 bedroom unit was very spacious. It wasn't very fun lugging all my stuff up and down stairs but I managed. The staff was so friendly and called the day after I checked in to make sure everyone was ok. There is a washer/dryer with soap provided so it was nice to do laundry.

Here's the reason I can't give them 5 stars though... so you're supposed to remove your shoes right? I respect that...until I was packing the night before I checked out and stepped on a giant dead cockroach in my bare feet! After I finished freaking out, the shoes went right back on and I wasn't barefoot at all the rest of my trip. I accept that bugs are a part of Kauai and everywhere we stayed on the island, there are little bugs and geckos that get in sometimes and you have to contend with them. But I draw the line at nasty disgusting cockroaches that I've touched with my feet. Would it stop me from staying here again no? No, the place was clean and this was unfortunate. But it was definitely a turn off and had it happened when I first checked in, I'm not sure I'd have stayed.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
GPR S, Manager at Makai Club Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2016

Hi Jesi. Thank you for taking the time to write such a complete review of your stay with us! We understand that critters are a part of life, especially here in Kauai, but stepping on a bug is never a good feeling. We apologize for that! We appreciate your feedback and acknowledgment of our team members! Thank you once again - please allow us to serve you sometime soon.

Reviewed 11 April 2016

We had a great stay at the Makai Club. The staff was very helpful and friendly and our unit was well stocked and well maintained. There were some nice extras like free loan of beach chairs and beach umbrellas, DVDs of movies done on Kauai we could borrow, filtered water, etc. Location in Princeville is nice and quiet (other than chickens in the morning). Pool and hot tub are small but well maintained and were usually not real crowded when we used. We enjoyed our stay and would be happy to stay again.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2016

Easy and fast check in, Staff very helpful and friendly. Staff always went out of their way for us. They helped us find stuff to do and organized everything for us so it was worry free. Rooms ready before regular check in. We plan on staying there again in a few years!

Room Tip: The view on the third floor would have been better with those mountains in the back ground.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 March 2016 via mobile

The makai club staff was informative and welcoming. The resort offers guests complimentary use of beach chairs and beach mats. They have bicycles to sign out and use. The cottages have everything needed to prepare meals,pack a beach lunch (cooler, ice, containers...), and vacation comfortably (bbq, wifi). The grounds are immaculate and the location is perfect.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
GPR S, Manager at Makai Club Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2016

Aloha LovetheGiraffe. Thank you for staying with us and sharing your feedback. We're happy to read that you had a wonderful experience at our picturesque resort and that you enjoyed a comfortable vacation. We look forward to being of service to you and your family on your next visit. Thank you for allowing us to be a part of the memories you created.