The St. Regis Princeville is a great category 6 Starwood hotel (I mention the category so you can adjust your expectations - this is not a cat 7) with lovely common areas, stellar views and lovely rooms.
The Junior Suite was spacious and comfortable with exceptional views that carry through from the living area to the spa tub/shower (note - no patio in the Junior Suite but we did not miss it as huge sliding windows brought the outdoors, indoors). Since we were leaving the hotel late, we were given access to a courtesy room which was a standard - it was also quite nice. We were able to upgrade to a Junior Suite for $100/night through an offer email directly from the hotel - this is an excellent value and well worth it, but at the standard rack rate of ~$1000/night, I would say a "normal" room category would be a fine choice for us.
The service was excellent from check in to check out - great staff, valets, servers and butlers (suites only have butler service with all of the standard St Regis "allow me" perks - morning coffee service, packing and unpacking service, ironing service, etc...)
The food was good overall, but not great. That said we certainly never went hungry or were massively disappointed with any meal. Room service (which can often suffer in quality) was quite good.
There is not a great "swimming beach" as it is rocky, but the views and pool more than make up for this IMHO. The only thing that would have me giving this hotel a 4.5/5, if it was a TA option, is the lack of an adults only or quiet pool. I felt a bit overrun by hyper kids at times.
Golf on the island is great - we played the Prince several times - beautiful and challenging course, the Makai - one round was enough, but the course is in good condition, the Jack Nicklaus course about 30 minutes south of the hotel - not his best course, as well as the Poipu course which is an hour from the hotel, but well worth the trip.
We are looking forward to our next trip to the St. Regis Princeville.
Area note: if you need sun all day long, every day, Princeville is likely not the location for you, but don't get scared off by the weather forecasts - showers are generally just that and last minutes versus hours.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on one of the most beautiful sites in the world, The St. Regis Princeville Resort is Hawaii’s address for life’s special moments. Elegantly appointed, the resort offers 251 spacious guest rooms including the exclusive Crown Suite Collection. Overlooking beautiful Hanalei Bay, the St. Regis Princeville provides bespoke service amid magnificent natural surroundings. Experience the pursuit of sport, culture and fine dining. For connoisseurs who desire the finest expressions in luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd, Expedia APAC, lastminute.com.au, Wotif.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ctrip TA and HotelQuickly so you can book your St. Regis Princeville Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Regis Princeville Hotel Princeville
- St. Regis Princeville Resort Kauai