“Big TV, cold beer”
Review of Happy Talk Lounge

Happy Talk Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Happy Talk Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 26 Restaurants in Princeville
Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Not many places with this view and vibe on the north shore. Great service staff and excellent, very cold beer. Parking is tough so go early or walk there. Food has been all over the map for us over many visits, so focus on pupus and drink and it ought be smart to not have high food expectations. This is a really fun place to meet friends, with live music and great atmosphere.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

Our first dinner at Happy Talk hit was flawless... a fabulous sunset view, relaxing house band, beautifully executed food, and service beyond attentive (thank you Jay!). We had such a lovely experience (and the menu is so varied, it is hard to choose) that we decided to book two nights later. Food was similarly delicious and the entertainment was amazing (check out @fallingdownromance) but our server was terrible! While she was friendly enough, she didn't check back on us nor brought requested items like extra napkins nor a second glass of wine. We might have just got the one dud server that night as the other wait staff was timely/responsive and helped us when we couldn't get the attention of our waitress. Would still go back for all the other good stuff though!

Reviewed 26 March 2018

I don't eat out at sit-down restaurants very often, but when I do, Happy Talk is one of my favorites. The views of Hanalei are great, the atmosphere is nice, and the prices aren't bad. There is typically live music, and sports games on TV as well. I love their taro burger, best one I've found on island. I definitely recommend coming here.

Reviewed 24 March 2018

Loved the live music from "Falling Down Romance" on Monday nights. Food is also very good and the atmosphere is great.

1  Thank JostWendt
Reviewed 21 March 2018

We spent a week at the Hanalei Bay Resort and had some great meals at the Happy Talk Lounge. I had a Loco Moco for lunch with a Bali Hai Tai. Actually two Bali Hai Tai's. My wife had the Swiss and Bacon Burger. Everything was perfectly cooked and tasted great. We went back in the evening and enjoyed a great local band. The atmosphere, service and food were all great.