Review of Nani Kai

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Terrible
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Terrible - based on 1 review

Reviews from our community

Elizabeth...
Los Altos, California
“This rental almost ruined our vacation in paradise!”
Reviewed 22 October 2014 for a stay in September 2014
people found this review helpful

After planning this vacation for almost a year and looking forward to going to Kauai for the first time, we arrived ready to soak in the sun and beautiful scenery in Poipu. We rented a home based on the stunning pictures on the website. (first red flag) Then in order to pick up our keys we drove from the airport to the town of Koloa. The nice lady from the Parish collection, told us to open up all the windows because they had been painting all day. (second red flag) We get there and the fumes are intense and then we notice there is no air conditioning.(third red flag) We decide to not let this bother us. WE are in Kauai after all! I wake up early the next morning and make coffee, mind you it was 6:30 am..It was so hot in the house, even with all the windows open and the winds. I was sweating. I called the Parish Collection and asked them if there was something we could do. She replied "yeah, its hot in my house too". WOW!! Great Customer service! NOT! In short, the ice machine didn't work, the oven and stove didn't work.. I would definitely not recommend this place!! Oh and did I mention the LOUD construction that started playing bad 80's music next to us at 7am. Kauai, I love you, and i will be back, but I promise to never stay with any vacation rentals from The Parish Collection!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The island of Kauai
Liked least: Nani Kai
Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
24 Oct 2014
Aloha and thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are truly sorry that you did not enjoy this home. It is a great property and many families have enjoyed it over the years and although new to our program, we are glad to have it.

I do see you booked directly with the owner through VRBO, so I am not sure what was described to you, but I know that neither the owner nor us advertise AC in the home. Unfortunately, it has been unseasonable hot with little trades and our front desk person was trying to make light of the situation by her comments as we all are experiencing the heat. With regards to the paint, the owner has been investing a lot of time and money to improve the home and we were trying to be helpful by telling people so they are not alarmed. As with any new coat of paint, there is a residual smell for a bit and we wanted to be proactive. One of the electrical breakers for the kitchen did go out which is an unforeseen issue that we immediately responded to. I see that it was less than 48 hours that you did not have the oven and we apologized. We make a strong effort to notify people of neighboring construction so that if it would be a major disruption, we can accommodate a move to another property. I am not sure why the owner did not notify you when you made your booking and for that we are truly sorry.

I am glad to hear you will return to Kauai and hope that you will reconsider using us as I know this was a sequence of unfortunate and uncharacteristic events.

Mahalo, The Parrish Kauai Team.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing