“Wonderful”
Review of Aulii Luau

Aulii Luau
Ranked #1 of 2 Concerts & Shows in Poipu
More attraction details
Owner description: An Intimate and Authentic experience in an Exquisite Setting on Po'ipu Beach. Kaua'i's only oceanfront Lu'au located at the Beach Lawn at Sheraton Kaua'i Resort. As the sun sets, treasure this truly mesmerizing setting as you indulge in island culinary treats with the Pacific Ocean as the backdrop. Our traditional-style luau offers a lavish buffet and authentic entertainment featuring award-winning dancers taking you on an alluring voyage weaving tales of Kaua'i and Polynesia into exciting songs & dances.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Great food, beautiful setting right on the beach, entertaining show. Highly recommend. Nice amount of breaks for photos, shopping and getting more complimentary drinks! Get there early and spend the extra for prime seating and service-good value.

Date of experience: March 2018
"poipu beach"
"stage"
in 116 reviews

Reviewed 6 April 2018

The Aulii Luau was a lot of fun with great food, location/views and entertainment - would highly recommend.

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed 5 April 2018

My husband and I live here in Koloa and my husband took me to your luau last Valentine's Day. We loved it. My daughter & family came for Easter week and had a great time as well. I'm glad they were able to sit outside. It's just a wonderful set-up. The food was great and the show is excellent.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

I’ve been to a few luaus during my 47 years on this earth. I am in Kauai with my husband and three teenage girls as well as my mother. We wanted to find something to do that my mom could enjoy, since kayaking and riding ATVs in the mud isn’t her thing. In my experience, luau food is terrible—seriously—who actually likes Poi?? And purple rolls?? I don’t eat pork, so I really can never find anything yummy at a luau.

All the luaus I considered had both good and bad reviews. However, the luau at the Sheraton looked the best, so we booked it (with premier seating).

On the day of the luau it poured rain—and I mean POURED!!!! We got an email update around noon indicating that he luau was moved indoors due to the weather. No big deal, I thought. I can eat crappy food indoors, too. Then the rain stopped, and by 4pm we got an email that said the luau was moved back outdoors.

The location is AMAZING. We were next to the beach, and we got to enjoy cocktails (open bar) while watching the sun set. Truly extraordinary. Then it was time for dinner. The food was surprisingly good! Even the purple rolls were tasty. There was nothing they could do to make the poi taste good though.

Then came the entertainment. Seriously—the dancers and fire guys were fabulous! It wasn’t too long or too short. We all really enjoyed it. Lots of costumes and smiles. Every seat in the house was good—but premier seats get to be closer to the stage so I think the price difference is worth it.

I would certainly recommend this to anyone looking for a good luau in Kauai!