“Perfect for Familes”

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Dakota_Tr...
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Perfect for Familes”
Reviewed 2 October 2013 for a stay in February 2012

We booked a 2 bedroom/2 bathroom Poipu Kai "Garden View XtraDlx" in the Poipu Kai Resort through Suite Paradise in February of 2012, and I am writing this review because we enjoyed our stay so much I just booked another condo with them for this November (2013). I did not know in advance exactly which unit we would get (we ended up with Regency 310). The condo was exactly as advertised with all the amenities listed on the Suite Paradise website. Suite Paradise was wonderful to work with- directions were great, check-in/ check-out was a breeze, and there were no hidden or unexpected fees.

It was myself, my husband, my 2.5 year old son, and a friend. There was ample room in the condo for all of us, and my son appreciated the space to run around. The washer and dryer inside the condo came in very handy. The unit was nicely furnished and decorated, and the fully equipped kitchen was a lifesaver when our son was tired after a full day of sightseeing. The barbecue area next to the pool (which was just a few steps from our condo) was also very nice and had 2 gas grills. The pool outside the Regency was small but clean and beautifully landscaped (as was the entire Poipu Kai Resort grounds).

Our unit did not come with A/C but the ceiling fans in the unit along with the ocean breezes were enough to keep us cool in the evening. We enjoyed the beautiful garden setting out on the lanai and it felt very private. There was a lot of activity on the property during the day but it was always quiet in the evening. The whole resort had a wonderful family-friendly vibe which is one of the reasons we are choosing to return there.

From the condo, it was a short walk to Brenneke's Beach (which was great for boogie boarding when we were there in February) and Poipu Beach Park with a wonderful protected swimming area for our toddler as well as a snorkeling area. A Hawaiian monk seal also beached himself there for a day during our visit! Very cool to see that..Another short walk from our condo was Shipwreck Beach which was great for wave watching (whale watching from the higher vantage points as well!). Kalapaki Joe's restaurant (which I highly recommend) was a short walk from the condo as well.

A very short drive from the condo was the Poipu Shopping Village which had some great restaurants and shops, and for groceries the Sueoka Store in Koloa had everything you could need for a dinner at the condo.

Our only complaint about our condo was the knob that switched the water from going out of the tub faucet to the overhead shower did not completely divert all the water, and the king-sized bed in the master bedroom felt like it could use an upgrade (kinda hard/flat) but that was over a year ago and these issues could very well have been addressed by management already.

Overall, an excellent place for families to stay, and a great value!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: family friendly atmosphere
Liked least: nothing
Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
AZ
Reviewed 13 June 2013 for a stay in May 2013
person found this review helpful

Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers
British Columbia
Reviewed 9 June 2013 for a stay in May 2013

Older travelers
CA
Reviewed 12 July 2012 for a stay in July 2012

Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Rugged travelers
Honolulu
Reviewed 25 May 2012 for a stay in March 2012

Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing