2,180 results
All reviews putting green tranquility pool soccer field volleyball court ocean view high end appliances under construction bedroom villa three bedroom family pool full kitchen washer and dryer main pool top of the line stayed in building large pool laundry room
Reviewed 17 February 2018

Easy to locate from the airport, and check in was a breeze. Thanks Princess, for making us feel welcomed with your Aloha spirit. Our ocean facing room was glorious and comfortable, very clean and close to the gorgeous family pool. There is no beachfront here, but ocean views and access to a nice walking path near the sea wall. The lobby bar and Holoholo Cafe are both nice, and breakfast is especially delicious. You are walking distance to some very lovely eateries and high end restaurants as well. I would stay again without question.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Deb S
Jessica C, Front Office Manager at Koloa Landing Resort at Poipu, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2018

Aloha Deb S,

Mahalo for writing such a kind review. We are thrilled to hear that you had an easy check-in experience and felt fully welcomed with the Aloha spirit. We are happy that you also enjoyed the Holo Holo Grill and convenient location. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you visit Kauai!

Reviewed 16 February 2018

Only having one restaurant on site, one would think it would be run well. Oh boy, not the case. The Holo Holo Grill needs management and an efficient staff. It take forever to be acknowledged that you're waiting for a table, most of the staff move like snails, saw many orders come out with issues, wrong drinks (or no drinks), and several that just walked away from the hostess stand. Only one girl serving around the pool - they could make a fortune is properly staffed - everyone was complaining about it. The property has been open a year. How much time is needed to work kinks out? Great housekeeping staff!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 682JulieS
toomuchtravel7, Resort Manager at Koloa Landing Resort at Poipu, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2018

Aloha Julie S,

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our Resort and our nicely appointed rooms here at Koloa Landing Resort. We also appreciated your honest feedback regarding our Holo Holo Grill. We will ensure that we address these challenges immediately and work to improve the overall service and efficiency of our staff. We very much apologize for the service issues. We will share your comments with our service teams to use them as a learning tool to ensure we do a better job in the future. Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us and we look forward to showing you our improved services on your next visit.

Mahalo

Reviewed 14 February 2018

Good Platinum Stay With Some Missed Customer Service Opportunities

Note: I originally posted a review about my pre-check-in experience. This updated review will highlight that experience and provide updates based on my actual stay.
My husband and I (Marriott Platinum Elite) booked a Studio, 1 King, Sofa bed, Resort view, Balcony for our first trip to Kauai and to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We are 5 nights into our 6 night stay and can say that while our stay has been enjoyable, it has not been a home run and we might consider other Marriott/SPG properties in Kauai in the future.
Pre Check-In: This is the area where we experienced our initial disappointment/concern. I contacted the concierge via email (difficult to find their general email information btw) to inquire about any mobile check-in options and availability on platinum upgrades. What I learned through my correspondence was:
1. No mobile check in. Since platinum upgrades are determined upon check-in, someone like me who is arriving late at 11pm is seemingly out of luck. I was told I could call when I landed so that my keys are ready....so there's that.

2. Response from concierge: Typically when we give upgrade it is one room size up or view. With the reservation you have made you are eligible for an upgrade to a one bedroom or an ocean view unit. As most of bigger units are owned we can not upgrade you it, however if you wanted to purchase the additional upgrade upon check-in you are more then welcome to do so.

Actual Check-In: I’m happy to report that our 11pm check in on Friday was smooth and Danielle at the Front Desk was friendly and accommodating. We received an upgrade to a 2bed villa in Building 2. Thank you KLR for celebrating guest loyalty.
Now for a summary of our stay….

Pros:
-Large grounds but easy to get around. Our Building #2 was one of the furthest from the lobby but never felt TOO far.
- Great Fitness center: plenty of treadmills, other cardio equipment, weights, and mats.
- Pool: Main pool was great with 3 jacuzzis. There were also 2 other pool/jacuzzi areas. The pool was never crowded during our stay (could’ve been weather, or hotel not at capacity) but I suspect during peak season when the hotel is fully booked, it could be tough to get lounge chairs by the pool.
- Room – For the 2 bed villa, kitchen and washer/dryer was a very nice amenity. We also enjoyed our patio with padded chairs and dining set. Parking was also very easy, especially near Building 2 and 3. We were always able to park right in front of our unit.
- Location – Easy access to the ocean at the back of the property. Walk 10-15 minutes along the “sunset wall” to get to the Sheraton for sandy beach. Also easy 15 minute walk to the shopping center with Long’s drugs, mall, and dining options.
- Concierge Text Line was helpful (when I had cell service – see below)
- Live music at HoloHolo Grill Mon-Sat 5-8pm. We didn’t actually dine here but enjoyed the music one night from the hot tub!

Cons:
- Check Out- I was told by the concierge text line that they no longer have a hospitality suite because of high occupancy. Not convenient for guests who are looking to pass the time before a later flight.
- Welcome Gift: I saw from other trip advisor reviews that guests receive chocolates and a tote bag at check in. I inquired at the front desk on my first day and was told the items should’ve been in our room. I confirmed they weren’t so the front desk agent came back with the chocolates and said that someone would come by our room with the tote. No one ever came and I never received a message. I checked in with the concierge via text and was told that they are currently out of tote bags (no consolation offered).
- Activities – We signed up for the 8am Koloa Fit activity for Monday. We showed up at 7:55am only to learn from the concierge that the class was cancelled. He had tried to call us…but must have missed us as we were walking over to the lobby. I didn’t ask, but suspect the cancellation was due to low interest as weather was not a factor that day.
- No complimentary shuttle service from the hotel to nearby Poipu points of interest. While there is 1 shopping center that is walkable, there is another shopping/dining area nearby that is not walkable (no sidewalks) and Poipu/ Brennecke’s Beach are also not walkable due to lack of sidewalks. Would be nice to have this as an option, especially for dinners.
- In all, I felt that Front Desk and Concierge staff have an opportunity to take their customer service up a notch. In most of my correspondence via email, in person, or text I felt like for every question I asked, I would receive a direct response but I’d have to ask more questions to get to the information that would be helpful to know. I also never received any messages/calls asking how our stay was.

Other FYI’s for future guests:

- Beyond the hotel’s control, but just an FYI ….My husband has a Google phone wihich uses Tmobile/Sprint and I have ATT. Neither of us could get cells service in the villa and would have to step outside for 1-2 bars of reception.
- Lots of places in Kauai are cash only or “cash preferred.” We bank at Chase and didn’t have any ATM options in-network on the island.
- Kukuiula Store – Small grocery just outside the main roundabout. 2 minute drive or can walk (last ~ 50 yards without a sidewalk). Ask the cashier if they have any musubis. We came by just after they opened at 8am and she made ours to order. At the back of the market is a juice bar that serves really good acai bowls. They also have a sushi bar out front that we didn’t get to try. Next door is Da Crack (Mexican-walk up stand). Good for take out.
-February seems to be a tricky time of the year for travel to Kaaui. We have not been able to do the hikes and other outdoor activities we planned due to rain forecasts. With that said, don't be discouraged. This morning was a play it by ear day for us. We woke up to clouds and rain in the forecast. We headed over to Hanepepe for lunch and shopping and came back to Poipu a few hours later. Just in time to get in some pool time under the sun....before the clouds and drizzles rolled in again!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank LisaLaza

Aloha LisaLaza,

Mahalo for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review. We appreciate your thorough feedback and especially regarding your check-out experience. We pride ourselves on providing excellent service for our guests and deeply apologize if we did not meet your expectations. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the amenities such as the fitness center, pools, and live music from the Holo Holo Grill. Again, we appreciate your feedback and do hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed 13 February 2018

There are no negatives to report on Koloa Landing. Everything about this resort was top notch - the rooms, the pools, the staff. Our room in Building 11 was large and well equipped. A small kitchen made eating meals there convenient. The bed was super comfortable and the linens were of superior quality. The pools were fantastic for couples and families. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would highly recommend this resort.

Room tip: Building 11 has the best views of the ocean and sunset.
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Patricia P
Jessica C, Front Office Manager at Koloa Landing Resort at Poipu, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2018

Aloha Patricia,

Mahalo for your positive review. We are honored to serve you and are pleased to hear that you found Koloa Landing Resort to be top notch. We are glad that you enjoyed your villa as well as our pools and staff. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you visit Kauai!

Reviewed 13 February 2018

Overall I give the resort an excellent rating. The grounds are beautiful, our studio was clean and seemed newish, the staff did an excellent job , and the food was wonderful . However, there was one very important area in which it failed. The sofa bed in our unit 11-304 was absolutely horrible. The first night I slept on it, I felt the springs in my back and it sunk in the middle . In the morning, we called for a mattress cover to cushion the mattress. To the staff's credit they brought both a mattress cover and two thick blankets that afternoon. Unfortunately, it did not improve the situation with the matress significantly as it was still uncomfortable and noisy ; the springs creaked. This was the only negative , but when you pay for a room that sleeps three, the sofa bed should be useable ...at least somewhat comfortable,

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Marita C

Aloha Marita,

Mahalo for taking the time to write a review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay especially regarding the grounds, your studio, and our hardworking staff. We do appreciate your feedback regarding the mattress as it is never our intention for guests to have anything but a restful night's sleep. We apologize for the inconvenience on this matter.