Open today: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm

More Info
from USD 95.00
More Info
1,106 results
All reviews sunset tour our tour guide jurassic park water features garden tour landscape architecture bug spray pirates of the caribbean his knowledge interesting history moreton bay fig trees queen emma great tour amazing garden plant species walking tour movies filmed
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We chose the Garden at Sunset tour and do not regret it! The gardens were interesting, the jurassic trees impressive and our guide,Tongi (sp?) was the best! He was So warm, funny and imformative.
The catered dinner was simple but oh so delicious. We loved seeing the ‘estate’ and walking around the peaceful grounds.
And the sunset turned out pretty nice too!

2  Thank TrainsRFun
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Take the guided tour. Well worth it! Much better than McBryde. Bring bug spray and coconut oil to fight bug bites. Tour guide Sam was fantastic!

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Had a great, if wet, visit nd thouroughly enjoyed the visit and all the information the guide provided. You really need a guide, but I thinkguides are mandatory anyway.

Beautiful location along the small stream and the old house at the beach.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

This could be a better tour if the guide would not act like they were sifting through wispy memories for anecdotes and a bit more organized. The datums were interesting but

Reviewed 23 March 2018

Perhaps I didn't understand what this tour entailed. I wanted to learn more about the fabulous tropical plants in the region and less about Robert Allerton who created this garden. Though we walked through some incredible vegetation, our guide talked incessantly about things unrelated to the site. For the high cost of admission, I was disappointed.

The tour was exactly 2 1/2 hours as scheduled. We took a shuttle van for the 10-minute drive from the Visitor Center to Allerton Gardens and then walked easy paths through the forested landscaped areas. Along the ride to the garden, the guide talked a bit about Queen Emma who began the first gardens in this valley. Once we were off the bus we had long periods of standing, perhaps waiting for another group to move through the area, which could have been used to teach us about the plants rather than idle chatter. We were an hour into the tour before the guide began to show us some interesting things. There were only two outdoor "rooms" but several other sculpted places with ponds and statues which demonstrated how Allerton created a feeling of "place" within a larger forest. We walked past a Victory Garden orchard but the guide seemed to know little about the specific trees. The last site on the walk was the fabulous area of giant tree roots where Jurassic Park was filmed and the guide offered plenty of time for photos.

With a lot of wasted time up front and a quick walk through a few other sites, I felt like the tour was not well-designed for the best visitor experience. Overall, though I learned a few things about Queen Emma, the Allertons, and the plants in these gardens, I wished I had spent my money on something else.

1  Thank dixiedorena