“Soggy, undercooked crust ”

Pietro's Pizza Kauai
Ranked #12 of 125 Restaurants in Lihue
Price range: USD 15 - USD 30
Description: Pietro's Pizza Kauai is an authentic Neapolitan woodfired brick oven pizza restaurant inside and it has an authentic New York pizzeria walk up window with outdoor seating on the outside under a covering. Inside Neapolitan pizza is currently open Tues-Sat 5-9pm. NY window Mon-Sat 11am to 9pm. Pietro's Pizza is the first and only certified pizzeria in the state of Hawaii by the Association of Verace Pizza Napoletana (AVPN) out of Naples, Italy. Good Pizza, Good Beer, Good Wine!
Reviewed 5 December 2017 via mobile

This place was close to our hotel, but I did have misgivings based upon a recent trip advisor review...I should have heeded the warning. My spouse's calzone was fine, nice and crispy, but my pizza was undercooked and soggy...decent flavor so I did manage to eat the interior section. The thicker edge crust was still wet and doughy inside, practically inedible. The server argued with me and said "the chef said this was cooked correctly, they are not supposed to be burned" and no comp was offered. Really a bummer to have such terrible service at the end of an otherwise great day.

Tom I, Owner at Pietro's Pizza Kauai, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2017

Sorry for your experience, comp was offered but denied, pizza was cooked correctly or you couldn't eat the inside. Sorry things didn't turn out well for you. Tom

Reviewed 5 December 2017

This is an interesting restaurant. For lunch the restaurant serves excellent NY style pizza by the slice or by the pie. It is the real deal. My wife is a native new Yorker and she says this is the closest she has found outside of NY. For dinner they serve authentic Naples pizzas. They went to Italy and studied and are certified in Italy to make genuine Napoli pizzas. They have an authentic Italian oven. The pizzas are every bit as good as those we had in Italy. We ate here every day, sometimes lunch and sometimes dinner.

Tom I, Owner at Pietro's Pizza Kauai, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2017

Thank you for choosing Pietro's as the "go to" place on your visit, we truly appreciate it and the review! Aloha, Tom

Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

We were drawn in with the promise of a wood burning pizza oven. Too bad the staff aren’t trained to use it effectively. The pizza crust was way too soggy and the topping flavours were mediocre including the sauce. The pizza was a total flop.

The calamari salad was on special for $10. Too bad it had only 6 pieces of calamari one a bed of chopped lettuce. The flavours and prep were ok. Across the street at Portofino you can get a huge plate of well prepared and delicious calamari for $10. Management should know better than to be so skimpy compared to the competition.
Also, if you have such a great wood burning oven, train your staff to make great pizza. You have the tools.

Thank you for your opinion, we look at all opinions and appreciate the input. Maybe an off night or meal, let us know next time and we will try to make it right. Thanks for coming by! Tom

Reviewed 9 November 2017

We ordered the ravioli made from a family recipe, a salad and an appetizer which was called something like a pizza ball. It reminded me of a calzone. They were both very good. The next time we visit we will order a pizza, they looked excellent.

Thank you for coming by, we truly appreciate your review and business! Aloha, Tom

Reviewed 6 November 2017

Pizza was the best! Owner is all hands on checking to make sure everyone is happy with their meal. Waitress was very sweet and attentive. Will visit here often.

Thank you for your review and your support, we truly appreciate it! Aloha, Tom