“Great food and great service”

Mariachi's Authentic Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #37 of 132 Restaurants in Lihue
Price range: USD 9 - USD 20
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

We were staying at the Marriott across the way and were looking for dinner. We saw mariachis and wanted to give it a try. The food was great, we got the lobster tail taco special and it was amazing. We also got the enchiladas and tacos which was also amazing. The service there was great as well. Next time we visit Lihue we will definitey go back there.

Reviewed 25 November 2017

This is your basic Mexican restaurant. We were there mid-week and there were not a lot of people eating. The service and food are just OK. For a cheap night out and so-so Mexican food, this is your place.

Reviewed 21 November 2017

We ate here because we were hungry and needed a place to eat, and this place fulfilled that need, but otherwise, I wish we found somewhere else.
Nothing specific against this place. Honestly, just the idea of eating Mexican food on vacation in Hawaii just didn't appeal, but their fish tacos filled the gap a little bit.
No rave or real negative reviews here, this is just an average Mexican joint. Good location for proximity and convenience to Lihue, otherwise, little appeal.

Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

The menu was typical. There was nothing extraordinary about the food. I had a chicken taco and chicken burrito combination plate with a margarita. My dining partner had the chicken enchilada combination.
I did like the fried tortilla shell for the taco. The chips were store-bought and very salty. I prefer a chunky salsa — their’s was not chunky at all — and diners are limited to one basket of chips.
The service was just so-so. I did like the outdoor seating.

Reviewed 9 November 2017

This restaurant was right down the street from the hotel I was staying at and we were able to stop in for lunch. The food was good and the portions was big. The drinks was really good too. A bit on the pricey side but thats not out of the ordinary in Hawaii.

I'd recommend trying it but come with low expectations.

Thank johnlong3711 .