Kauai's Best Luau - Hawaii Alive!
Ranked #3 of 5 Concerts & Shows in Lihue
More attraction details
Owner description: The Hawaii Alive Luau Show is an outstanding show that brings you a unique and authentic Polynesian cultural experience through live traditional chants, music, drumming and dancing from the islands of Hawaii, Tahiti and Samoa. The show is located within the Marriott's enchanting tropical gardens and includes live music, an interactive host, traditional and modern hula, ancient chants, a chance to learn the hula yourself, Tahitian dancing, and the thrilling Samoan fire knife. We also offer optional private dining prior to the show, which you can enjoy with just your family or guests in the open air at the Kaua'i Marriott's Kukui oceanfront restaurant.
Reviewed 21 November 2017 via mobile

My husband and I️ stayed at the Marriott for our honeymoon and we wanted to see the Luau. First, the dinner is not near the show. It’s included but separate buffet. The buffet was subpar.
The luau show was actually really really good. It was more intimate. The entire show is done by a family which was really cool. They have a tradition of dancers from the island! The dancers and music was extremely impressive! The fire dancers were incredible!!!!! They had fire on their feet at one point! The hula dancers were great too! I️ learned a lot about the traditional dances of different islands in the Pacific. It was a great show and really fun and interactive. I’d recommend it to families or couples! They did a great job!

2  Thank maggie v
in 8 reviews
in 8 reviews
in 17 reviews

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

First of all it's not a real luau where you go in eat and watch your show. The food is in a different part of the hotel. That means if you want a drink while watching your show you need to bring it with you. The show is short and small. There's only 3 female dancers and only one male dancer. He has to do all the male acts- so there's not very many. The hula music was all the same song with different lyrics. Not authentic or entertaining at all

3  Thank VillaMaryLouPV
Reviewed 17 May 2017

We stayed at Marriott Kauai Beach Club and this was on site. We planned this as a kick start to our visit, with a different larger one later in the week.. I really liked this luau. Interesting, the concierge tried to sway us away from this and more towards the larger ones. I liked this way better than the other one. The stories, traditions and histories behind things really helped make it special. Certainly a better food option than the local restaurant would help, but I really liked it.

5  Thank Dustin R
Reviewed 22 March 2017 via mobile

The best Luau on the island!!!! We didn't go with the dinner but attended the show which exceeded my expectations! The show was spectacular! They definitely showed us the meaning of ALOHA~
They kept the audience small so it was intimate and interactive. I got to go on stage and learn their traditional Hawaiian dance which was the highlight of the night...besides the amazing fire dancing!!!
Mahalo ~

1  Thank Lien T
See more reviews
Reviewed 9 March 2017 via mobile

The dinner was plated and fairly good, but nothing that I would have ordered off a menu if I knew ahead of time what it would taste like. Dessert was not included. A traditional lei at the performance was also not included. Fifteen years ago I attended a luau at Maui's Marriott. We received a lei and had a great meal. The setting was on the beach. It appears Marriott has become a bit greedy.....no dessert and no lei. I would not recommend their luau. It's unfortunate because the performance was entertaining. On the plus side, the Marriott bar Kukui has amazing cocktails called the coconut basil and lime in the coconut. Very good. When booking a luau, ask if they provide a lei. It just adds to the Kauai experience.

4  Thank TwinCreek