“Not worth it”

Kauai's Best Luau - Hawaii Alive!
Ranked #3 of 5 Concerts & Shows in Lihue
More attraction details
Owner description: The Hawaii Alive Luau Show is an outstanding show that brings you a unique and authentic Polynesian cultural experience through live traditional chants, music, drumming and dancing from the islands of Hawaii, Tahiti and Samoa. The show is located within the Marriott's enchanting tropical gardens and includes live music, an interactive host, traditional and modern hula, ancient chants, a chance to learn the hula yourself, Tahitian dancing, and the thrilling Samoan fire knife. We also offer optional private dining prior to the show, which you can enjoy with just your family or guests in the open air at the Kaua'i Marriott's Kukui oceanfront restaurant.
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

First of all it's not a real luau where you go in eat and watch your show. The food is in a different part of the hotel. That means if you want a drink while watching your show you need to bring it with you. The show is short and small. There's only 3 female dancers and only one male dancer. He has to do all the male acts- so there's not very many. The hula music was all the same song with different lyrics. Not authentic or entertaining at all

1  Thank VillaMaryLouPV

Reviewed 17 May 2017

We stayed at Marriott Kauai Beach Club and this was on site. We planned this as a kick start to our visit, with a different larger one later in the week.. I really liked this luau. Interesting, the concierge tried to sway us away from this and more towards the larger ones. I liked this way better than the other one. The stories, traditions and histories behind things really helped make it special. Certainly a better food option than the local restaurant would help, but I really liked it.

4  Thank Dustin R
Reviewed 22 March 2017 via mobile

The best Luau on the island!!!! We didn't go with the dinner but attended the show which exceeded my expectations! The show was spectacular! They definitely showed us the meaning of ALOHA~
They kept the audience small so it was intimate and interactive. I got to go on stage and learn their traditional Hawaiian dance which was the highlight of the night...besides the amazing fire dancing!!!
Mahalo ~

1  Thank Lien T
Reviewed 9 March 2017 via mobile

The dinner was plated and fairly good, but nothing that I would have ordered off a menu if I knew ahead of time what it would taste like. Dessert was not included. A traditional lei at the performance was also not included. Fifteen years ago I attended a luau at Maui's Marriott. We received a lei and had a great meal. The setting was on the beach. It appears Marriott has become a bit greedy.....no dessert and no lei. I would not recommend their luau. It's unfortunate because the performance was entertaining. On the plus side, the Marriott bar Kukui has amazing cocktails called the coconut basil and lime in the coconut. Very good. When booking a luau, ask if they provide a lei. It just adds to the Kauai experience.

3  Thank TwinCreek
Reviewed 3 February 2017

have been a Marriott owner for approximately 20 years and I don’t think I have ever been so disappointed in a sponsored Marriott event. My family (party of 5) attended the Luau on December 19th. I have been to Luaus before and could not believe the presentation of the dinner, drinks, and overall quality of the Luau. We were told dinner was at 5:30 so we showed up promptly at 5:30. This was only a plated dinner, (no buffet, no open bar for mai tais). The dinner was dry and not very tasty. In addition to a lackluster dinner, there were absolutely no activities, no pictures, no Hawaiian culture, crafts. We completed dinner by 6:30 and there was nothing available for us to do – the show did not start until 8pm. (NOTHING WAS AVAILABLE TO DO) The presentation on this Luau was terrible, I would not recommend it to anyone. We were extremely disappointed in this event. I am not usually a complainer but I have been upset about taking my family to this and it was a total disappointment. I was embarrassed that Marriott would call this a Luau and I was also embarrassed that I took the time out of my valuable vacation to do this event. I have always been a proud Platinum Marriott owner and felt this event was so below the Marriott Standard.

21  Thank peyton0018