Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Awesome show!!!

The food was very good. There wasn’t a big selection of food for a buffet but the food they offer... read more

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Reviewed 9 August 2018
fayeray630
Palm Springs, California
Nice Family Show

Nice show although would have preferred the dinner and show together and on the beach with fire... read more

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

from USD 314.58
from USD 229.34
from USD 78.12
More Info
All reviews fire dancers hotel restaurant traditional songs hula school marriott resort polynesian culture front row wallis audience luau stage hawaii aloha mc production stories dukes
Reviewed 10 August 2017

This was a very entertaining Show... They had it in the gardens of The Marriott Kauai beach club. Which was very lovely. But i would've preferred it on the beach. But for 35.00 for the show i can't complain. We chose to opt out of the buffet. We had a great time.

Reviewed 17 May 2017

We stayed at Marriott Kauai Beach Club and this was on site. We planned this as a kick start to our visit, with a different larger one later in the week.. I really liked this luau. Interesting, the concierge tried to sway us away from this and more towards the larger ones. I liked this way better than the other one. The stories, traditions and histories behind things really helped make it special. Certainly a better food option than the local restaurant would help, but I really liked it.

5  Thank Dustin R
Reviewed 22 March 2017 via mobile

The best Luau on the island!!!! We didn't go with the dinner but attended the show which exceeded my expectations! The show was spectacular! They definitely showed us the meaning of ALOHA~
They kept the audience small so it was intimate and interactive. I got to go on stage and learn their traditional Hawaiian dance which was the highlight of the night...besides the amazing fire dancing!!!
Mahalo ~

1  Thank Lien T
Reviewed 9 March 2017 via mobile

The dinner was plated and fairly good, but nothing that I would have ordered off a menu if I knew ahead of time what it would taste like. Dessert was not included. A traditional lei at the performance was also not included. Fifteen years ago I attended a luau at Maui's Marriott. We received a lei and had a great meal. The setting was on the beach. It appears Marriott has become a bit greedy.....no dessert and no lei. I would not recommend their luau. It's unfortunate because the performance was entertaining. On the plus side, the Marriott bar Kukui has amazing cocktails called the coconut basil and lime in the coconut. Very good. When booking a luau, ask if they provide a lei. It just adds to the Kauai experience.

4  Thank TwinCreek
Reviewed 10 February 2017 via mobile

We've been to luaus. Lots of luaus. This one stands out. It's at the Marriott Resort on Kauai. The meal was a Hawaiian plate served in the resorts indo or/outdoor poolside restaurant. It features mahi mahi, chicken, Kauai pig, and some great veggies. After, we walked the beach a bit before gathering in an idyllic outdoor theater with about 50 others attendees. While waiting, we were entertained by the show's ukulele player who sang some traditional songs and who took requests. The main event featured an intimate stage with the Marriott's doric columns on either side and a backdrop of palms, plants and torches. The dancers were lovely and talented, performing a range of hulas, from court dances to Tahitian drum dances. The makle dancer performed the most amazing fire dance I've ever seen! For me, the best part was the music. My new friend, Wallis, is a virtuosic guitarist who performed flawlessly and with great skill. He was accompanied by the aforementioned ukulele, an artistic keyboardist, and a fine bass guitar player. They also doubled on traditional drums for some numbers. Wallis' family, he told us, has been involved in the island's culture for decades. He told stories of his mother teaching the hula to hundreds of students, and how his wife and family now continue that effort. Very interesting perspective. As a musician, I was totally entertained by their performance and left wanting more. I can unhesitatingly recommend Hawaii Alive as a Don't Miss event on Kauai. Aloha.

1  Thank Tom L