“First time rating here”

Cuisines: Hawaiian
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

I tried the fisherman platter, I believe it was called. Broiled fish, fried prawns, macaroni salad, white rice and Cole slaw. Not much vegetables on their plates. Filling, not high quality.

Reviewed 27 November 2017

had several morning meals
Best banana pancakes EVER son enjoyed Ox Tail soup
Fast service
nice attitudes by server

Reviewed 27 November 2017

We went for breakfast, and I had my loko moko fix .... OK, start with a bed of rice, put a 1/2 burger on the rice, add two fried eggs on top and smother the whole thing in brown gravy. I know, no spam. But it is a beloved local dish. When we were there, it was clear that we were the only mainlanders in the place, which is retro, fun and cool. After a week in Kauai, on the way to the airport, we stopped so I could try the ox-tail soup. It was delicious, although a bit salty to my taste. Others opted for macademia pancakes. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

If you want to try here, they close at 1:45p and closed on mondays. It’s a must stop if you are in Kauai. 100 Years in business! The oxtail Soup is famous and always good. The small is a pretty big bowl! The bento has tons of meat, the fried chicken was very good! The pancakes thin and tasty! Extra crispy bacon that’s not oily. Even though it’s super busy, service is fast. Food comes very fasts. Our server was very nice and pleasant. Overall a nice experience for breakfast!

Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

A gal in a coffee shop recommended Tip Top. I ordered an omelet which wasn’t great. When we got our bill there was a $1.50 extra charge. Not sure why so I asked at the cash register. It was for a hash brown (which was like a McDonald hash brown patty). My husband got loco moco. He gave it a “C” based on a couple of other ones we had on this trip. This looks like where the locals like to go as it was full and when we left there was a long line to get a table.