“Local fare”

Bamboo Grill And Sushi
Ranked #33 of 133 Restaurants in Lihue
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

We were looking for someplace to eat before heading for the airport and didn’t want JJ’s bar food again. So many fast food places but not much else in Lihue these days. Remembered seeing this little place and decided to give it a try. Ordered a fried rice and egg dish which hit the spot. Our waitress was very attentive too.

Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

We went there 2 nights in the row. 1st night super busy but food arrived hot and fast. 2nd night slower but so much fun, guy playing a guitar , bartender joking with Cheesecake girl. Drinks are cheap. Food is even cheaper during happy hour. You get a lot of food... A lot and good. I highly recommend this place to all

Reviewed 2 December 2017

We had arrived late to our condo and did not have time to go shop for food. So the next morning we grabbed some breakfast here on our way to shop. The breakfast was wonderful. I would highly recommend most everything. The coffee was very good and the waitress was attentive and friendly. It was a great meal..

Reviewed 9 November 2017

I have had breakfast in the past at Bamboo Grill when in Lihue and not disappointed. This time was different. I ordered their one of their house special breakfasts, Loco Moco. The waitress came from the kitchen and told me that they did not have any hamburger patties for this dish. I then ordered the Loco Moco with Hash instead. She returned with my breakfast and I could not find the hash under the fried egg. In so far as the waitress was not very pleasant, no smile, and seemed that she was having a very bad morning, I decided not to make an issue of this. Ate and left very dissatisfied customer.

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

Things didn’t start off well and maybe that should have been our signal to leave but we were hungry and walking back to the resort didn’t sound like fun. Waitress grunted out yes or no to questions with absolutely no smile or pleasantness. We asked why the pancakes are called “Oki” and were told it’s because they’re “different” but not how. So she goes with those and me the build your own omelette.

The food was pretty good, especially the pancakes. The experience was ruined though as the roosters were on top of un-bussed tables the entire time. In addition, chicken dander was floating throughout the restaurant. That’s really nasty when it lands in your water. And that’s just the pieces I saw.

If this place got its act together for service and cleanliness it would be a real winner. Until then, we are avoiding the rest of the trip.