“My experience was different than my companions”

Gaylord's at Kilohana
Reserve with OpenTable
Gaylord's at Kilohana is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 130 Restaurants in Lihue
Price range: USD 12 - USD 36
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Nuhou
Description: Gaylord's offers one of Kauai's most beautiful settings for lunch, dinner or Sunday brunch. Located on the ground floor of the historic Kilohana Plantation home, diners are seated around an open-air courtyard with views of the plantation grounds and Mt. Waialeale in the distance. Our kitchen uses only the freshest, seasonal ingredients supporting our local farmers and fishermen. Our 67-acre sustainable farm provides much of the produce and herbs used in our dishes and cocktails. Menu items include starters like fresh Ahi Poke, Seafood Spring Rolls and Organic Greens Salads; Local Fish, Meat and Vegetarian Entrees; and Banana Cream Pie for Dessert! After your meal take a walk around the Kilohana grounds, shop in our assorted boutiques, visit the rum shop or take a ride on the plantation train. Join us at Gaylord's to enjoy the best of what Kauai has to offer in island food and experience. Call for reservations and details on weekly entertainment. Memorable by day...Unforgettable by Night.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I had high hopes (for some reason) for this restaurant when my husband, a friend and I stopped here for lunch after touring Kilohana. And my experience was much worst than theirs. That being said, there is a large, covered, u-shaped lanai that you pleasantly dine on. My husband had a cup of clam chowder and a Cesar salad that actually had anchovies on it so he was quite happy. Our friend had the fish tacos (the same as I) and made no negative comments. However, my fish tacos were cold and the tortillas hard and stale. The beans were probably just taken out of the can with cheese on top--no heat, no melting. In addition, we had to remind the waiter about my cocktail which was delivered to the table AFTER the entrees. The waiter must have been new because he wandered around looking like he had nothing to do or didn't know what to do.

1  Thank Teramo48
Write a ReviewReviews (1,460)

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

We really enjoyed our dinner at Gaylord’s. The food was excellent with a reasonable amount of choice and reasonably priced. Service was very good and the atmosphere was great. A piano was being played from another room. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Rick L
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Gaylord’s food and service was amazing and we loved the food and drinks there. Would definitely go back.

1  Thank Scott H
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

This is one of our favorite restaurants on Kauai. A great meal, great wine list and great service. A wide variety of items excellently prepared. Located in an old plantation house estate. Nice shops and a rum store that offers tastings of the nice local rums! We go back every year several times.

1  Thank bolson2016
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed on the North Shore so we took a shuttle ( highly recommended! Slow, long drive). There was a train option to take you around the old Plantation. We opted out of the pictures offered. Those I saw were very nice, for $25. They make complimentary drinks as ordered ( strong drinks but it limits amount drank). The food was very good as usual with luaus. Their show with the dancing, etc was excellent! The best we have seen (our 4th). Captivating story and amazing effects with cast passing right by your table. I highly recommend this luau. Costs about $112 each. Don’t know about kids but there were many families.