“Beautiful gardens, ugly ducks”

Smith Family Garden Luau
Book In Advance
More Info
USD 98.00*
and up
Kauai Luau and Sunset Dinner
Ranked #1 of 5 Concerts & Shows in Lihue
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

This place was great. My 16 year old and I came and had a picnic here. We toured the garden at our leisure which I preferred to the guided tour we took at another garden. Some of the plaques that describe what the plant is need to be replaced (If anyone knows the name of the plant in pic 3 please let me know). There are peacocks, chickens, fugly ducks and more birds roaming the gardens. You can buy seed at the entrance to feed them. There wasn't a crowd here so you sort of feel like you have the garden all to yourself. I only wish we could have stayed to see the luau!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,482)
All reviews
in 40 reviews
"rice pudding"
in 20 reviews

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We visited the Smith Family Garden and enjoyed the Luau while on Kauai. We (our group of 13) were picked up at our resort by bus and brought over. The whole experience was wonderful, the garden and grounds are beautiful. The owner talks about the history of their family and the Luau/the gardens. Plenty of food, some traditional Hawaiian dishes were served and the whole experience was very well run. The show following the meal/Luau was fantastic, they all did an amazing job especially in the pouring rain! (I’m talking DOWNPOUR! For just about the entire show!) Didn’t slow them down... and we all stayed dry under the awning of the venue. We were safely returned to our resort after. Great experience!

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Visited in March during the rainy period. Was EXTREMELY blessed. It rained all day and stopped for the Luau and started back up when we left. Great food. The grounds are beautiful. Especially enjoyed the peacocks.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

The gardens are beautiful. There is plenty to see in the gardens before dinner. Get some bird food at the beginning before getting on the tram and that will help keep the kids interested. The food was excellent! The show was fun. It’s amazing how quickly they get everyone through the line and off to the show.

See more reviews
Reviewed 2 April 2018

This luau was hyped up by the person we booked our house with so I felt like I had the inside tip! I was so disappointed!! There is a massive crowd and this makes it impossible to have a luau while you eat. They have to feed the masses first and food was fine, similar to other shows. Music during dinner is good but you can't hear it over the noise. Drinks are very mediocre, food plentiful and as good as any luau. They heard you over to the show at a separate area and it starts out really good but within the first 15 minutes, it gets very cheesy and silly. Compared to the professional dancers of other shows, it seems like the cousins and nieces are the show, and definitely not great dancers. I felt the love from the Smith family but I suggest they get real professional entertainment and they would have a good show. The grounds are beautiful and great for pictures, but that is similar to most of this fantastic island!

1  Thank egrade