“A Perfect Stay in Paradise at the "Sunset House...”

Review of Sunset Makai Hale

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
TexasVoya...
McKinney, Texas
“A Perfect Stay in Paradise at the "Sunset House Toward the Sea"!”
Reviewed 22 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017

The name alone is perfect. My brother-in-law kept the location for our Kauai Family Reunion a secret until the last of us had arrived on the island. Once we got to this amazing rental property, we understood why. The view alone is to die for. What an amazing find on the south shore of the Garden Island. The back yard, pool, and patio overlook the Pacific Ocean with nothing more than the palm trees and a hammock 'obstructing' the view. The four bedrooms and four baths were perfect for the entire family. The kitchen was huge and well equipped. It's a bit secluded and nicely hidden away on Lawai Road about a mile from a few traveler shopping and dining sites in one direction and also a mile from the Spouting Horn and Botanic Gardens in the other direction. There are a lot of ceiling to floor windows and doors throughout the house to let in the calm ocean breeze. My wife and I had the easternmost downstairs bedroom, which offered us the wonderful and restful roar of the ocean waves and a cooling crosswind throughout the night. In looking over the older reviews, there were a few comments that this place needed an update. That looks like it's been done quite nicely really. The only thing not working was a single fan. Yes, there's no A/C so there are fans throughout the house. You do have to remove your shoes inside the house. It really doesn't get much better than this. Mahalo!

TeenaAust...
Melbourne, Australia
“What a House!! WOW”
Reviewed 17 May 2015 for a stay in April 2015

My extended family and I stayed in this house to celebrate my Husbands 60th Birthday. We had 3 generations staying here, with ages from 11 to 82 years. There was plenty of room/space for all 8 of us without stepping over each other! We absolutely loved this house! The views were to die for! The kitchen well stocked and beautiful! The pool and garden area totally relaxing. You really don't want to leave once you get here!! House very equipped with everything you need, from flippers, towels and coffee!!
My only negative would be that the bathrooms downstairs need updating as they are looking very tired!
Location is fantastic. 15 minute walk to local shopping centre. 35 minute drive from the airport. Service from the Parrish Collection outstanding! We will hopefully be back again one day!!

Jamie N
Los Angeles, California
“Hawaiian Paradise.. Absolutely Breathtaking”
Reviewed 30 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014

My boyfriend's family has been renting this amazing home for many years. I was so excited to go with them on their family vacation and kept hearing wonderful things about Kauai. I was sent over photos of the rental home and was in awe. This is exactly what my idea of a vacation looks like. Beach, palm trees, water, and a few cocktails.

I stepped foot into the driveway and was immediately in love. I opened up the front door and took in the beautiful high ceilings, the smell of the Pacific Ocean, and his cousin making Mai Tais. This home is wonderful. We had all ages from 6 months to 84 in the house. It is good for people with kids, couples vacation, or friends looking to enjoy all that Kauai has to offer.

The staff was wonderful and very attentive when we called. Go above and beyond to make you feel like you are home. I was sad to leave after only 6 days because I loved waking up and looking at the palm trees sway in the wind while drinking some coffee to the sound of the ocean waves crashing.

I would recommend this to anyone and I can't wait to go back!

How helpful were the directions to the property? Overall condition of the property
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Backyard was amazing
Liked least: Not enough days to take it all in!
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
WA
Reviewed 1 November 2013 for a stay in September 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers
Andrea B
Seattle
“Best Vacation Rental House - Absolutely Spectacular”
Reviewed 28 August 2013 for a stay in August 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Sunset Makai Hale House for a week with our friends, and the house was absolutely fabulous! It was spacious and spotlessly clean! Every room has an adjacent bathroom, which is perfect for group of friends or family to travel together. Not to mention, every room has a stunning view of the ocean, which was incredible to wake up to every morning. The recent updates to the kitchen is definitely a true paradise for guests who love to cook - it is well equipped and functional. We found ourselves spending most of our time cooking a feast, and both indoor and outdoor dining spaces were pleasing and relaxing.

The house is very private and in a quiet area, but it is walking distance to the beach, shopping center, and wonderful restaurants. I would not hesitate recommending this beautiful home to anyone!!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 25-34
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing