“reliable”

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
FreidaDav...
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Good Property, Bad Management”
Reviewed 19 October 2012 for a stay in August 2012
person found this review helpful

I came here with my family for my wedding.

Pros: The property was spacious with views of rainbows in the mornings and a nice breeze flowing through the second floor. The spa was nice after a day of snorkeling or hiking. Two freezers were great for putting leftovers from family meals and the complete beach gear was a plus. The location was good with lots of beaches and restaurants within driving distance (note: closest beach is a 30-40 min walk).

Cons: The property looked older and was less well maintained than you would expect from the pictures. My main complaint was with the sloppy cleaning. For the price, you would have expected a pretty clean house upon arrival. Unfortunately, that was not the case. The pool had a lot of debris. Some sheets on the bed and the spare sheets were dusty. One bathroom still had some hair from the previous guests. When I first saw these things I ignored them not wanting to make a fuss on my first few days back in Hawaii. But as the week went by more of my family started bringing up concerns, such as nasty spare pillowcases (I will not go into detail but it was pretty gross), bites from bedbug-like insects, etc. The issues were brought up to the management and they came and "cleaned". They changed the bed sheets and checked for bedbugs (of course they did not find any!). They got a little more debris out of the pool. Although the bathrooms were cleaned, there were still bits of hair on the floor. It seemed they were pretty careless about making a final check on their work.
Most of the people I spoke to were pretty nice except for their "main" manager. She did not offer any refunds because she said that they had addressed the problem as soon as it was brought up. For us having to pay a premium for a pretty dirty house, her refund was a 20% off for the next stay, which was laughable because the experience made me have no desire to stay in one of their properties again.

This was the one dark spot in my wedding week. Thank goodness the beautiful beaches in Kauai blotted out this gross experience. For the price, I really expected more. If you want cleanliness and fair service, you would be better off staying in a hotel rather than dealing with the management at Kiahuna Vista or Parrish Kauai.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The view and spaciousness
Liked least: Management and cleanliness
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
18 Oct 2012
Aloha FreidaDavid,

Mahalo for your review. We do find your comments a little concerning as when we did our “Aloha and Welcome to Kauai” call, you advised us that “everything was great & beautiful”. No comment was made advising us of any of the issues you state above. Five days into your seven day stay you then did call to request housekeeping and we immediately sent someone over to address your requests. In addition, we take the comment of “bed bugs” very seriously and had a independent third party inspect the home and we got a certified professional opinion that there was in fact no bed bugs. As we discussed, most likely it was just mosquitos, which are a common occurrence in the tropics.

You are correct, we did not offer a refund as the complaints were not reported to us upon check-in and were in fact opposite of the opinion at check-in. Also, in speaking with others in your party, again, we received an “all was good”. Our properties are professional cleaned and inspected and we stand by our product. We offered you a discount off your stay to continue to have you be a Parrish Kauai guest. If you choose not to return, that is your choice and we wish you the best.

Mahalo, The Parrish Collection Kauai
France
Reviewed 19 April 2011 for a stay in January 2011

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: Family (extended)
Your age range 55-64
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
modesto california

Check-in / front desk Service
Liked best: View, quiet location
Travelling group: Family with teenagers
Your age range 35-44
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Families with teenagers Tourists
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing