“The closest I've been to Paradise!”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available
Overview
Holiday Rental House -
1 Bedroom, 1 Bathroom, Sleeps 2
Kilauea, Kauai, Hawaii

Reviews from our community

Very good - based on 41 reviews

Reviews from our community

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Any
Lora M
Sacramento
“The closest I've been to Paradise!”
Reviewed 1 July 2012 for a stay in June 2012

Everything was beyond the beauty shown in the photos and the staff was incredibly friendly, welcoming and gracious. The Secret Beach is very secluded and beautiful, just a bit of a challenge to reach it, but absolutely worth the hike. The trade winds blew across us at night and we felt very secure and safe sleeping with the doors open. (A safe was provided for any valuables). The owner, Michelle Hughes went out of her way to assure our comfort and her attention to detail is impeccable. We rented 2 Hales for our use, and I cannot say which was more beautiful or more well appointed. I have not traveled extensively like many others, but I know perfection when I find it and this is it!

Todd380
Santa Fe, New Mexico, United States
“Lani cottage is a slice of Heaven!”
Reviewed 12 April 2012 for a stay in February 2012
person found this review helpful

After a lot of research, I finally found the perfect house to celebrate my partners 50th Birthday!

Trust me, I know, I am in the business. I own a vacation rental management company in Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA. I have a trained eye when it comes to attention to detail and customer service. There was not one thing I would change nor one request not granted. Michele even brought us a basket of fruits and vegetables from the organic garden/nursery on the property!

Michele Hughes and her team offer the very best service, the best locations and the kind of special touches that want you to return over and over again.

Look no further.

Lease your next dream vacation from Secret Beach HideAway!

And, if you are coming to Santa Fe, check us out at www.casasdesantafe.com

Todd Davis & Cris Richter

SBHBound
New York City, New York
“Plain old ordinary fact...”
Reviewed 1 April 2012 for a stay in March 2012
people found this review helpful

I've never taken the time to write a review for anything in my life - never wanted to - and didn't think I'd be writing this one - period. But I thought about it and said - you know what - I said it - folks can use it - and The Michele Hughes Company deserves the nod - so why not? Below is an impromptu unedited text I sent to Michele yesterday - that simply rolled off my fingers after realizing for the thousandth time just how truly wonderful this place can be. I hope it helps you book your stay.

"Gorgeous day to you Michele! Please allow me. It is my belief that this tiny sliver of earth that you've somehow managed to transform into what we see and enjoy today is a direct reflection of a beauty in you and yours. I wanted to let you know that that beauty has had a wonderfully positive and uplifting effect on me - my lady - and others I'm sure. No matter what ins and/or outs - ups and/or downs this land puts your through - please know that my words are true. It's heavenly here. You nailed it. I'll carry pieces of this place wherever I go. No big catharsis here - just plain old ordinary fact. Thank you for sharing such beauty with the world! It's become one of my favorite places on earth. Pleasant day. My most respectful regards."

Six stars folks. You can't lose.

Travelling group: Solo
EdmondMei...
San Francisco, California
“A Luxury Rental”
Reviewed 9 March 2012 for a stay in February 2012
people found this review helpful

My wife and I spent a week at Hale Nanea. My only complaint is that it was hard to find on the web, when I was looking for a rental. The 1-bedroom cottage has an amazing view of the ocean (from which, we could see see whales) and sits on well-tended and impressively landscaped property. The highlights for me were numerous: You can walk from the property down to the beach (which is well-connected with a path), the beach is itself is wonderful and extremely secluded. I also enjoyed the hot tub at night where I could look up and see a star-filled sky. The view from the cottage, also include mountains to the west. Watching storms sweep along the mountains was stunning. As I live in the city, it was wonderful to go to sleep with the faint sound of waves, birds and frogs.

The cottage itself has tasteful art that I found up-scale (not the usual trite Polynesian theme) and soothing. The full kitchen was great, with excellent equipment, as I like to cook. Everything was well-maintained and in excellent shape.

JESGAR5
Houston, Texas
“Great Honeymoon Spot”
Reviewed 1 June 2011 for a stay in May 2011
people found this review helpful

My wife and I stayed at the Hale Lani Cabin for our Honey moon, and really enjoyed the views, beach, and serenity of the location. There was a lot of information available in the cabin for things to do on the island, and the manager was extremely nice, informative, and even brought over some fresh produce for us while we were there.

There was one issue we had with the place, however. There was only one window in the bedroom to provide ventilation if you locked the doors at night while you slept, and with no AC, it was fairly warm with the doors closed. We heard of some burglaries recently, so we did not want to leave the place unlocked. There were screen doors, but they did not have locks. We did not have any problems with burglary while we were there, but also never felt comfortable when we left, and did not sleep very well at all. I do have to say that I liked the gated entrance, and that gave us some feeling of security when we left to go explore the island.

Other than the evenings, we had a great time. Actually we even had a great time for most of the evenings. There are incredible stars out at night, and just amazing scenery. the best way to describe the scenery is majestic. Mosquitoes were pretty bad if you stayed outside at night, and the Cane Spiders were massive. So my wife was fairly uncomfortable once the sun went down, but she did enjoy the star gazing.

The beach was fantastic, and there was a very scenic route to walk down to the beach as well. The trip back up would be a little challenging if you were not in great health, but I enjoyed the exercise it provided. They also provide you with chairs, umbrella, towels, and a beach mat to enjoy your time in the sand. I could not have asked for a better beach spot than this one.

Overall, I really did enjoy the experience, and would have thought this was the perfect getaway if the sleep would have been better. It was still amazing, and I would recommend it to healthy couples that enjoy the outdoors.

Value Cleanliness
Travelling group: Couples
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing