All reviews herb garden putting green shuffle board ocean front walking path living room the kitchen tennis courts vacation internationale timeshare exchange every other day island orientation time share koi pond hot tub within walking distance stayed in building
Reviewed 7 October 2018

We enjoyed our vacation at the Pono Kai. It is centrally located and in walking distance to many shops. The ocean is your backyard. The unit is well appointed and in great condition. The staff was excellent!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with RCI
Reviewed 6 October 2018

If you stay here at the Pona Kia... Beware!!! They do have places to "Lock your bike" up to, but just know... Your bike will be stolen. We rented bikes and they got stolen day 2. I asked the staff if they had video surveillance and their response was "No". (In this day of age they should have video surveillance). They said "we have a security guard"... Really security guard. He was probably sleeping. I asked if they had bikes stolen a lot there? And one of the girls ran to the back as to avoid the question and the other girl, just gave me a bunch of non sense. Then when we were leaving I asked again, and they pointed out the manager for me to talk to. He gave me a bunch more "blah blah blah". Didn't even offer to help pay for what we got charged for. Other wise a great place to stay!!! And talked to other people, their shoes were stolen off their back patio.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 October 2018

My wife and I have a time share and the Pono Kai Resort was a great option. Ocean view rooms , full kitchen. Walking distance to all the shops and restaurants in Kapaa, plenty of parking and nice pool. We had to wait for our room upon arrival, we were here after 3pm, but the staff was very attentive.

Room Tip: G building
Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Kent G
Reviewed 2 October 2018

We stayed for one week at this resort as a timeshare exchange. It is located in Kapaa, which is a central location on the island and close to the Lihue airport. Our unit was recently remodeled so it had very contemporary furnishings. Since this was a smaller one bedroom, the kitchen was a little small as the sink was more like a bar sink and there isn't much countertop space. However, since there was just the two of us, it met our needs. We didn't use the tennis courts or the pool and hung out at the beach, took some hikes around the island, and went kayaking. I would go back to this resort again if I were to come back to Kauai in the future.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with RCI
Reviewed 26 September 2018

We had tried for 3 years to get a reservation for our time share. They had told us numerous times to call the number, but with no success to get a reservation. We finally got a reservation based on when the next availability was - which is next year! Unbelievable. We had to pay out of pocket for this past stay in September.

Stayed: September 2018