“Amazing Experience!”

Snuba Tours of Kauai
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

This is a must do on Kauai for families with teens. My kids loved the experience of holding an octopus and a sea urchin. They are professional and make sure everyone is comfortable. My wife had a bit of a panic attack but the guide worked her through it and she was able to enjoy the experience.

All reviews
"tanks"
in 3 reviews
"freedom"

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

This was the third time my husband and I did Snuba, but first time in Kauai. We love the experience Snuba gives you without the training or worries of scuba. If you want to experience scuba but not as deep and as easy as snorkeling, you’ll love Snuba. Our friends joined us and even though they never tried it, they too loved it. We went maybe 15 feet deep, wish we could have gone deeper, but the wildlife, fish and experience was perfect. We saw a lot of colorful fish that we didn’t experience during precious Snuba dives in the Caribbean. If you’re worried about the water temps, once you’re in the water, you don’t even notice, and it was actually pretty warm even at 1030am in mid-Feb. We will be back and all four of us highly recommend Snuba! Lastly, Kevin and the 2nd guide were great, very professional and really made the experience amazing while under water.

Reviewed 8 February 2018

My wife and I did this tour a couple weeks ago and loved it! It was our second time doing Snuba, after doing it in Lanai during our honeymoon two years ago. The first time my wife was new to any sort of underwater activity and found it really scary, but this time she was a lot more comfortable, and the guides did a great job of putting us at ease and helping us resolve any problems.

I especially appreciated their help making sure our masks weren't fogging up, and their instructions on how to breathe properly so as not to make your body too buoyant and float to the surface. Pro tip: breath SLOW and shallow instead of taking in big gulps of air.

The location wasn't quite as spectacular as where we did it in Lanai, and it was a bit shallow, but we still saw tons of fish and had great visibility. A great experience with super friendly and helpful guides. Hoping I can persuade my wife to try full SCUBA next time!

Reviewed 18 September 2017

My husband had been wanting to try a SCUBA into course, but I have asthma and can't, but my doctor cleared me for this hybrid. We do a fair amount of snorkeling, but it was fun to try out the gear and spend time down on the bottom. Kevin, our guide, showed us stuff we might have missed, like a sea cucumber, sea urchin, and sea star. We didn't go down too far, only about 15 feet, and it seemed like it was over too quickly, but would definitely give it a try another time now that we are familiar with the equipment. Kevin was good about analyzing the problems each of as was having and understand why and how to correct things quickly, like me getting water in my mask (not a problem I have snorkeling) and my husband having problems staying on the bottom.

See more reviews
Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

I've had issues with getting underwater since childhood. Kevin was amazingly patient and willing to let me take things at my own pace. I ended up floating on the surface for most of the "dive", but even them I had a perfect view of an incredible variety of fish and even a sea turtle! It was surprisingly simple, even for someone who has never snorkeled before. I had an excellent experience and the moment it was done was asking, "Hey, you want to go again?"