“Awesome intro to SNUBA”

Snuba Tours of Kauai
Reviewed 18 September 2017

My husband had been wanting to try a SCUBA into course, but I have asthma and can't, but my doctor cleared me for this hybrid. We do a fair amount of snorkeling, but it was fun to try out the gear and spend time down on the bottom. Kevin, our guide, showed us stuff we might have missed, like a sea cucumber, sea urchin, and sea star. We didn't go down too far, only about 15 feet, and it seemed like it was over too quickly, but would definitely give it a try another time now that we are familiar with the equipment. Kevin was good about analyzing the problems each of as was having and understand why and how to correct things quickly, like me getting water in my mask (not a problem I have snorkeling) and my husband having problems staying on the bottom.

All reviews
"tanks"
"freedom"
"mask"

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

I've had issues with getting underwater since childhood. Kevin was amazingly patient and willing to let me take things at my own pace. I ended up floating on the surface for most of the "dive", but even them I had a perfect view of an incredible variety of fish and even a sea turtle! It was surprisingly simple, even for someone who has never snorkeled before. I had an excellent experience and the moment it was done was asking, "Hey, you want to go again?"

Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

The Mrs and I decided to try this little make shift scuba diving activity . Was pretty fun . Wish it was different location pretty shallow . If your just into snorkel and don't like breathing apparatus I suggest passing . The guides were very cool and chilled out and gave great tips and advise to have a great time . Would do it again .

2  Thank Jesse_Gee1
Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

Great way to experience the ocean without needing scuba certification. My husband and I were easily able to acclimate underwater and had a great time! Much more enjoyable than snorkeling!

1  Thank katherinedugger
See more reviews
Reviewed 9 April 2017

Great guys outfitting and apart of the dive. Could have been much better if they'd indicate certain times for beginner's and other times for experience. Spent too much sitting on the ocean floor waiting for first timers to gain courage, dive down, even swim in the ocean! Got boring...sitting on the bottom sucking air But could see it was a good location, plenty of colorful fish, coral and they said they'd seen a sea turtle on the previous dive.

Been to Snuba Tours of Kauai? Share your experiences!