“Good Taco's and Wraps close to the traffic light”
Review of Mermaids Cafe

Mermaids Cafe
Ranked #36 of 136 Restaurants in Kapaa
Price range: USD 10 - USD 15
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 4 May 2018

This is a very small place with a few tables. It does a good job on basic taco's and wraps and a great job on fish taco's. Everything is made to order so don't expect instant service. You may find it a bit expensive but we enjoyed the food.

Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

Overpriced ($40 for two lunches plus two lemonades) flavors were bland, person who took our order was uninformed and uninterested in her job, 24 minute wait for ahi taco and ahi satay burrito, lemonade was bland - dumped it out. It may have been good at one point, but not the day we visited. Too bad, too, we were very hopeful. One positive comment- there was an abundance of ahi on my tacos, too bad it was over cooked.

Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

I was really looking forward to an ahi wrap. I remembered from a few years back how delicious it was. Today I was highly disappointed. I waited a very long time even on Island time. They ran out of plates and salsa. It seemed like the wrap was thrown together and the flavor was not balanced. Other customers were waiting even longer. The workers seemed unhappy to be there. Hopefully they were having a bad day or...Mermaids just isn’t what it used to be :( The food was average.

Reviewed 12 April 2018

I dream of this place when we are not on the island. i wish i could make them like this at home. I love the sauce, favorable but not too spicy. and the fish is just so moist and good! Travel companion is fond on the ahi wrap but me... tropical taco! sign me up! I also like their teas... i had green tea this time and enjoyed it. Picnic tables to sit at our front and a small long bar to sit at in the alley. I miss them already!

Reviewed 29 March 2018

Great fresh food , you can watch them cook so you know it's clean and fresh. Outside seating or take away. We both had noodles and there was a lot of veggies and fish. Great last meal in Kauai.