“Great Lecture and artwork”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Ship Store Galleries
Ranked #42 of 56 things to do in Kapaa
Reviewed 3 March 2013

The lecture was very interesting and fun. We asked a lot of questions so it lasted more than 2 hours, more like 3. We bought artwork at great discounts, a beautiful Massey print and 2 other maps. We were not given the discounts were were promised on the 2 maps until I caught it on the receipt, but was immediately corrected when I told them. I found this odd, since the guy writing the sale knew about the discount. Tammi shipped our prints and they arrived promptly. So sorry to hear the other people had such problems. Another odd thing was that I was called one month later by the store and asked if I received my prints, then another month later asking the same thing. This review is very late as we were here June 2012.

1  Thank nthemermaid

Reviewed 17 January 2013

I have only good things to say about Tammi and John and the way they treated me on my visit to their lovely gallery. Friendly, knowledgeable, and professional every step of the way. My painting arrived after I got back to the mainland and every time I look at I feel the warm breezes of Kauai and the aloha spirit of John and Tammi once again.

Reviewed 11 December 2012

I had a similar experience with these people. Ordered an expensive Massey print and it was never sent. It took 6 months and threats on my part to finally get my refund. John prides himself on being from an old blue-blood island family (Lydgate). How can he sleep at night? Buyer beware...

10  Thank littlesindenver
Reviewed 2 December 2012

As I read other's complaints, I can't believe that this gallery still behaves badly by taking people's money and not sending them their purchases. I bought a valuable Massey print and his book and neither was delivered. Several phone calls were made to the 3 people running the gallery and I got outright lies as excuses. It was threatening to call the police that finally got a credit to my credit card. They must be considered as nothing less than theives.

10  Thank NC-6V
See more reviews
Reviewed 23 October 2012

All artists who may be considering placing any artwork with Ship Store Galleries should reconsider. The owners have final say on price and display of art. A detailed contract should be a must in dealing with these owners. They cannot be trusted to sell the specified artwork for what the artist is requesting for their percentage. The owners have been known to pull the artwork and not display or try to promote the artist's work. The owners also have been known to find fault with pieces and sell them anyway and pay the artist a mere pittance of the value of the pieces. Payment for artwork can take as much as a year or more. Artist's Beware
Victoria B.